Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Freedom from Regret through the Gift of Repentance - October 20, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, October 20 - Freedom from Regret through the Gift of Repentance

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be high and lifted up -- here in my heart and every moment of my day (John 12:32). ...

Sometimes I find myself thinking of the regrets of my past. And probably “regret” is just a manifestation of past sins, past failures, past mistakes. But You’re always so kind to come to my rescue. You’re always so loving to remind me of Your mercy, Your forgiveness and Your grace.

In those moments, I often think of the words of David in his Psalm of repentance and prayer, seeking to be restored to his relationship of joy with You. He cried out:

“Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from Thy Presence; and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free Spirit” (Psalm 51:7-12 KJV).

You “renew a right spirit within me” when I come to You like David, in confession and repentance, to embrace the grace of Your forgiveness.

And You are so ready to forgive, to cleanse our hearts, and to restore us to the joy of our salvation in You. You love to bring us back out of the darkness and lift up back up into the high place of Your Presence, when we turn to You with the gift of repentance to embrace the beauty of holiness of heart and life in You. As You said in Your Word through the Apostle John Your early Church:

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us” (1 John 1:5-10).

So why do we hide in our sins or get stuck in regret or squander the gift of repentance? As You also said in Your Word to Your early Church, when we “Humble (ourselves) in the sight of the Lord, and (You) will lift you up” (James 4:10 NKJV). So Your Word invites us to “Cleanse (our) hands, (as) sinners; and purify (our) hearts, (as) double-minded” so that we can once again “Draw near to God and He will draw near to (us)” (James 4:8).

When You spoke through Your Revelation to John to the seven churches of Your early Church, You called them to repentance so that they could overcome their sins and fulfill their calling, secure in their identity and fulfilling their destiny in You (Revelation 2:1 to 3:22). You reminded them that they had already been forgiven through the finished work of Your Cross, as the One “who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to (our) God and Father” (Revelation 1:4-6). And at the same time, You called them to repentance, so they could walk in the light and be Your light in their world.

You said, “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.... To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches” (Revelation 3:19-22).

Thank You for the gift of repentance and beauty of holiness. Thank You for restoring unto us the joy of our salvation when we turn our hearts over to You and return to the high place of Your Presence. Just as David also expressed in Your Word:

“Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?
Or who may stand in His holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol,
Nor sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive blessing from the Lord,
And righteousness from the God of his salvation” (Psalm 24:3-5).

Thank You for clean hands and pure heart that sets us free from all regret. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you free from regret and restored in the joy of your salvation in Jesus through all He has done for yo, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Messiah Ministries Mailing Address:
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:
Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

Watch our 1st Episode of Healing From the Inside Out on our Messiah Ministries YouTube Channel:
Please share it with anyone who needs to encounter the Healing Love of God!

October 21
Co-Leading Prayer Warrior's Roundtable in Helotes, Texas

October 28-30
Monthly School of the Prophets at MorningStar Ministries, Fort Mill, South Carolina. Rocio and I are learning and receiving equipping. I'm a member of the Fellowship of Ministries of MorningStar Ministries led by Rick Joyner.

October 31
Preaching at Fireworks Church meeting at the Estancia at Thunder River Clubhouse outside Boerne, Texas. All are welcome.

November 3
Pakistan Preaching through our Skype Internet Ministry
Monthly Outdoor Evangelistic Crusade in an unreached village.

November 4
Co-Leading Prayer Warrior's Roundtable in Helotes, Texas

November 12-14
Preaching and Equipping for Prayer Ministry
at Grafton Methodist Church Harvest Festival 
at St. Paris, Ohio.

November 14
Speaking and Ministry at an Evening of Worship and Prayer with More Than Enough Ministries in Sidney, Ohio.

Freedom Equipping Class every week as part of the discipleshipplan at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas
Monday Afternoons (1:30 - 3:30)
Tuesday Nights (6:00 - 8:00)

All are welcome! Based on the principles of my book
Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance

Monday Nights
Rocio and I lead an Online Connect Group for MorningStar Ministries

Wednesday Mornings
Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Inner Healing and Deliverance Ministry Sessions for the Online Connect Groups.

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer MinistrySessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

Sign up Here for this Free Video Series for Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom in Christ: