Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Praying and Responding to the Lord of the Harvest - Here I Am, Lord - October 26, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, October 26 - Praying and Responding to the Lord of the Harvest - Here I Am, Lord

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You and listen for Your leading. ...

“Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and curing every disease and every sickness. When He saw the crowds, He had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore ask the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest’” (Matthew 9:35-38).

Lord Jesus, what You spoke to Your first disciples, I believe You are still speaking to Your disciples today. I believe the “harvest” You spoke of has not come and gone. It hasn’t just withered on the vine or been plowed over and left as fallow ground.

No, I believe every seed You’ve sown in Your harvest field is coming to maturity. Just as every seed the enemy of our souls has sown into that same field is coming to maturity.

In Your parable of the wheat and the weeds, both coming to maturity as they grow up from seeds to the time of harvest in the same field, You said, “the harvest is the end of the age” (Matthew 13:24-43). And as we near “the end of the age,” the harvest will come. You said “the good seed are the children of the kingdom; the weeds are the children of the evil one” (v. 37). We certainly see both in our world today -- both growing up into full maturity, whether good or evil. And the times are ripe for harvest.

So in obedience to Your Word, I pray the prayer You taught Your disciples to pray: Lord of the harvest, send out laborers into Your harvest. 

And as I pray for others to be sent, what stirs in my heart is, “Here I am, Lord. Send me.” ...

And an old song from much earlier in my life, from the early days of my deeper journey with You, comes rising up in my spirit right now:

I the Lord of sea and sky
I have heard My people cry
All who dwell in dark and sin
My hand will save

I who made the stars of night
I will make their darkness bright
Who will bear My light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord,
Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night
I will go Lord,
If You lead me,
I will hold Your people in my heart

I, the Lord of snow and rain
I have borne My people's pain
I have wept for love of them
They turn away
I will break their hearts of stone
Give them hearts for love alone
I will speak My words to them
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord,
Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night
I will go Lord,
If You lead me
I will hold Your people in my heart

I, the Lord of wind and flame
I will tend the poor and lame
I will set a feast for them
My hand will save
Finest bread I will provide
'Til their hearts be satisfied
I will give My life to them
Whom shall I send?

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night
I will go, Lord, if You lead me
I will hold Your people in my heart
(written by Dan Schutte)

Yes, Lord. Here I am, Lord. Send me into Your harvest today. I will go, Lord, if You lead me. I will hold Your people in my heart. And I pray You will send Your other laborers of Your love into Your harvest too. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be stirred up to pray and respond to the Lord of the harvest with all your heart, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Messiah Ministries Mailing Address:
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:
Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

Watch our 1st Episode of Healing From the Inside Out on our Messiah Ministries YouTube Channel:
More Episodes being added each week! Please share it with anyone who needs to encounter the Healing Love of God!

October 28-30
Monthly School of the Prophets at MorningStar Ministries, Fort Mill, South Carolina. Rocio and I are learning and receiving equipping. I'm a member of the Fellowship of Ministries of MorningStar Ministries led by Rick Joyner.

October 31
Preaching at Fireworks Church meeting at Estancia at Thunder River Clubhouse outside Boerne, Texas. All are welcome.

November 3
Pakistan Preaching through our Skype Internet Ministry
Monthly Outdoor Evangelistic Crusade in an unreached village.

November 4
Prayer Warrior's Roundtable in Helotes, Texas
Informal Sharing and Discussion of Prayer Strategies and Experiences
RSVP to Cara by emailing unite@mutuallyencourage.us 

November 5
Filming for our Christian TV series with TLN-West Network in California called Healing from the Inside Out 
Past episodes on our developing YouTube Channel:

November 12-14
Preaching and Equipping for Prayer Ministry
at Grafton Methodist Church Harvest Festival 
at St. Paris, Ohio.

November 14
Speaking and Ministry at an Evening of Worship and Prayer with More Than Enough Ministries in Sidney, Ohio.

Freedom Equipping Class every week as part of the discipleshipplan at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas
Monday Afternoons (1:30 - 3:30)
Tuesday Nights (6:00 - 8:00)

All are welcome! Based on the principles of my book
Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance

Monday Nights
Rocio and I lead an Online Connect Group for MorningStar Ministries

Wednesday Mornings
Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Inner Healing and Deliverance Ministry Sessions for the Online Connect Groups.

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer MinistrySessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

Sign up Here for this Free Video Series for Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom in Christ: