Monday, March 27, 2023

Grace to Grow Up to Be More Like God - March 27, 2022

 

Morning by Morning, March 27 - Grace to Grow Up to Be More Like God

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Step by step, day by day, morning by morning, make me more like You. ...

 

“Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure” (1 John 3:1-3).

 

I want to be like You when I grow up -- God, my Father, my Lord and Savior, my Comforter and Creator, my Best Friend and Living Example, my All in All. As “we cry out, Abba, Father! the Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God” (Romans 8:15-16).

 

We are children of God now, by the grace and mercy and love of God for all who believe You and welcome You into their hearts (John 1:12). And in a sense, I always want to have the faith of a child, fully trusting in You with all my heart, for “whoever humbles himself as (a) little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 18:4). But at the same time, I don’t want to have a childish nature. I want to “grow up in all things into Him who is the Head -- into Christ,” into maturity in You (Ephesians 4:15). I want to grow up to “the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love” (Ephesians 4:13-15).

 

As the Apostle Paul said of his own spiritual journey, “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known” (1 Corinthians 13:11-12).

 

So give me grace to grow up. Give me revelation to see myself as I am, and at the same time, give me revelation to see myself as I will be when I’m fully known and fully know You. Open the eyes of my heart to see clearly -- heart to Heart, face to Face, spirit to Spirit (Ephesians 1:18). Grow me up “from faith to faith” (Romans 1:17), grace by grace, “from glory to glory” to make me just like You by Your Spirit at work within me (2 Corinthians 3:18).

 

This is my hope. And all my hope in in You. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

 

My friend, may you be filled with the grace of God to grow up to be more like Him every day, in Jesus' name. God bless you!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


March 25-26 Thank you for your prayers! Beautiful, powerful time of refreshing by the Spirit and healing of hearts at our Setting Hearts Free Weekend Encounter at Grace Community Church in Tahoka, Texas. Global Methodist Church gathering.


March 29

Equipping the Restoration Ministry Teams in Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry for MorningStar Ministries Online Connect Groups


April 16

Teaching my 6 Week Series on Free to Be Like Jesus at Bridge Church on Sunday Mornings at 9:00am in Fredericksburg, TX

Spiritual Freedom, Maturity, and Authority (April 16 to May 21)

Based on my Books Free to Be Like Jesus and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


April 18

Opening Prayer at the City Council Meeting of Fredericksburg, TX


April 21-22

Preaching Revival at the Barn! 6pm Each Night

The Barn behind Yee Haw Ranch Outfitters in Fredericksburg, Texas

Please come and start spreading the word as we pray for Revival!


April 24-27

Fellowship of Ministries Retreat with MorningStar Ministries

My wife Rocio Caballero Hays will be Ordained!


April 29

Officiating the Wedding of Karen Lindsay's Daughter Sarah and John


May 5

Next Messiah Ministries' Men's Retreat in the Texas Hill Country.

All men are welcome! We had fantastic feedback from our "pilot" retreat in February. Send me an email if you are interested!


May 10

Speaking at San Antonio Aglow International Ministries - Day Time Lighthouse. 10 to Noon. Contact: sa.day.aglow@gmail.com

 

May 25-29

Ministry in Mexico City at several churches and different settings for inner healing, deliverance, evangelism, and prayer for revival.


July 17-31

Preaching an Evangelistic Crusade in Kenya!


Tuesday Nights (September through May)

Teaching my Free to Be Like Jesus course at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas 6-8pm.


Wednesday Mornings

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free!

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

Order these Spiritual Books by Tommy Hays Today!

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays