Friday, March 09, 2012

Favor of God for the Faithful of Heart - March 9

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill me with Your Spirit, lead me in Your ways. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I watch and wait for You in the communion of prayer. ...

"But Daniel resolved that he would not defile himself with the royal rations of food and wine; so he asked the palace master to allow him not to defile himself. Now God allowed Daniel to receive favor and compassion from the palace master" (Daniel 1:8-9).


Daniel was constantly pressured and pressed by the world around him. He was a stranger in a foreign land, constantly called on to conform to its religious practices and cultural customs. And where those conflicted with his conscience, he pressed back. It deeply mattered to him to be "found faithful" to You (1 Corinthians 4:2, NKJ).


And as Daniel pressed back, You covered his back. As he stood his ground, You stood by him. You gave him grace and favor even with those who did not know his God or understand his ways. "For You bless the righteous, O Lord; You cover them with favor as with a shield" (Psalm 5:12).


Lord, I pray for a heart like Daniel, with sensitivity of conscience to Your heart and Your ways, with confidence and courage to stand my ground wherever You call me to refuse to yield to the pressures of the world. I pray for the wisdom to know which battles to fight and which stands to take. And I pray for Your grace and favor to go before me and be upon me in every relationship and every encounter - not on the basis of my righteousness, but on the basis of Yours that makes the way for Your grace and favor in my life (2 Corinthians 5:21). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please keep us in prayer as Sylvia and I preach and minister at St. Andrew United Methodist Church this Sunday with good friends Pastor Rob and Vicki Hughes ( http://www.welcometostandrew.com ). The next two weeks, we'll be speaking and ministering in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. Please come join us if you can and spread the word ( www.messiah-ministries/events ).

Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries
www.messiah-ministries.org