Monday, March 12, 2012

"Stephen, Full of Grace and Power" - March 12

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Intentionally, deliberately, I turn my attention to You, watching and waiting for Your leading, as I begin my day in the communion of prayer. ...

"Stephen, full of grace and power, did great wonders and signs among the people. Then some of those who belonged to the synagogue ... stood up and argued with Stephen. But they could not withstand the wisdom and the Spirit with which he spoke" (Acts 6:8).


Stephen was a simple man, willing to wait on tables, willing to serve You however he was needed. He wasn't full of himself; he was "full of grace and power." He wasn't full of pride or striving for place and position; he was "full of the Spirit and of wisdom" and "full of faith and the Holy Spirit" (v. 6:3-5). And though he was willing to do the lowly things, You also used him to do mighty things in Your Kingdom and for Your glory.


Because Stephen humbled himself, You lifted him up (James 4:10). Because he chose to serve, You caused him to lead. "Whoever wishes to be first among you must be slave of all. For the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many" (Mark 10:43-45). His life and his death are an inspiration and model of serving and leading in the fullness of the Spirit.


Even his opponents "saw that his face was like that of an angel" (v.6:15). And even in the face of death, Stephen was "filled with the Holy Spirit" and "saw the glory of God" (v. 7:55). He willingly chose with all his heart to live and then give his life for Your sake (v. 7:60).


Lord, I want to be a servant like Stephen and be filled with Your Spirit like Stephen. Help me slay my pride; help me choose the humble path. Fill me with Your grace and power, Your wisdom and faith. Help me see Your glory until I am changed into Your nature (2 Corinthians 3:18). Help me willingly, wholeheartedly choose to life and give my life for Your sake. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please keep us in prayer as Sylvia and I speak and minister this weekend, along with Margaret Therkelsen at St. Simons Island, Georgia at the Lay Witness Ministry Annual Retreat (http://aldersgaterenewal.org/ministry-events/local-church-renewal-events/lay-witness-mission).

These next two weeks, we'll be speaking and ministering in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. Please come join us if you can and spread the word
( www.messiah-ministries/events ).

We're very excited to be speaking and ministering on inner healing, deliverance, and prophetic ministry next Monday Night 3/19 in the Partner's Lounge at MorningStar in Fort Mill, SC. We'll be speaking and ministering Tuesday Night 3/20 in Lexington, SC hosted at Boiling Springs UMC. Please come if you can!