Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Morning by Morning, May 10 - "Follow Me."
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me in the way that leads to life in You today.  ...
 
"And as He walked by the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. Then Jesus said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.' They immediately left their nets and followed Him" (Mark 1:16-18).
 
Simon and Andrew knew what they were, but You saw who they were created to be. They knew what they could do, but You wanted to show them what You could do through them. But You wouldn't make them become something they weren't willing to be. So You spoke to their ears, but moved their hearts. And everything inside of them that was created to long for the coming of that day said, "Yes, Lord. Here I am. I will follow You." 
 
And "immediately" they left their nets -- and all that meant about life as they had know it -- and followed You. They were willing to hear and willing to come. They were willing to follow You and willing to allow You to form them and make them become who You created them to be.
 
Lord Jesus, give me faith to follow You today. Give me the courage to let go of everything that's anything less than who You created me to be. As much as I may think that I know what I am, You know better, for "all things were created through (You) and for (You)" (Colossians 1:16). 
 
You created me and You call me to come, follow You and be fulfilled, as You fulfill Your plans through my life. "For (I am Your) workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that (I) should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you hear with your ears and be moved in your heart to come follow Jesus today, as He makes you into all He created you to be, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!