Thursday, May 12, 2016

Morning by Morning, May 12 - Simply "Believe"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come into my heart and into my day. Be Lord of my life and every moment.  ...
 
"When the jailer woke up and saw the prison doors wide open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, since he supposed that the prisoners had escaped. But Paul shouted in a loud voice, 'Do not harm yourself, for we are all here.' The jailer called for lights, and rushing in he fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them outside and said, 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?' They answered, 'Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.' They spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house.... He brought them up into the house and set food before them; and he and his entire household rejoiced that he had become a believer in God" (Acts 16:27-34).
 
"What must I do to be saved?" It's simple -- simply "believe." It's not " work hard and believe." It's not "be good and believe." It's not "be holy sanctified and sinless and believe." It's not "memorize all the Scriptures, pray all day, spend your day giving doing only good things and believe." And it's certainly not "learn all the doctrines and dogma, all the rituals and rules, all the traditions and trappings and believe." It's simply "believe." "Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" (v. 31).
 
And just as You invite me to be saved from my sins, that's how You invite me to be saved from my sickness, from my fears, from my addictions, from my shame, from my bitterness, from my poverty, from my regrets, from my confusion, from the self-centeredness of my selfishness and pride and everything else that's anything less that all You created me to be. It's simple -- simply believe. "Believe on the Lord Jesus, and (I) will be saved" (v. 31).
 
You said to Jairus, the leader of the synagogue whose daughter was sick and died, "Do not fear. Only believe, and she will be saved" (Luke 8:50). You said to the man whose son struggled with fits and seizures from demonic attack, "All things can be done for the one who believes" (Mark 9:23). When the father cried out, "I believe; help my unbelief!" You set the boy free and saved him from his oppression (Mark 9:24-28).
 
Lord Jesus, I believe. And at the same time, I pray You help my unbelief in every place where I'm not yet able to fully believe. I want to live my life simply believing, simply trusting in You alone for the fullness of Your salvation in every area of my life. And I renounce in the name of Jesus every additional burden or requirement imposed by man or myself or the enemy of my soul. I choose by the power of the grace of God to simply "believe." In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray by the power of the grace of God at work within you, you will simply believe on the Lord Jesus and embrace the fullness of your salvation in every area of your life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!