Thursday, May 05, 2016

Morning by Morning, May 5 - Heart of David
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Come into my heart, every area of my life, every moment of my day, now and forever.  ...
 
"The Spirit of the Lord speaks through me, His word is upon my tongue" (2 Samuel 23:2).
 
At the end of his life, when all was said and done, David spoke his "last words" from the heart of one who lived his life passionately for You. He saw himself as "the man whom God exalted, the anointed of the God of Jacob, the favorite of the Strong One of Israel" (v. 1).
 
Despite all his sins and failures -- lived large and famously recorded for all to see for all eternity -- he knew Your hand and Your Spirit were upon him. He wasn't ashamed to worship You, passionately and freely, in spirit and truth "with all his might" (2 Samuel 6:14). He wasn't afraid to follow You into every battle, no matter the odds; and he wasn't too proud to cry out to You for help in every distress, no matter how hopeless (2 Samuel 22:3-7). He never let a lion or a bear get away with hurting his flock (1 Samuel 17:34-36). And he never let a giant get away with slandering the name of his God (1 Samuel 17:50). He was "a man after (God's) own heart" (1 Samuel 13:14; Acts 13:22).
 
As You walked this earth -- though You were God incarnate, God with us, the Word made flesh -- You were honored to be welcomed and praised as "the Son of David" (Matthew 21:9). As both Son of God and Son of Man, fully God yet fully man, You were known as "Jesus the Messiah, the Son of David, the son of Abraham" (Matthew 1:1).
 
And now "in Christ" we are, in a sense, sons of David as well (2 Corinthians 5:17). We are in Christ and Christ is in us (Colossians 1:27). We are sons and daughters of God, "for in Christ Jesus (we) are all children of God through faith. As many of (us) as were baptized into Christ have clothed (ourselves) with Christ.... And if (we) belong to Christ, then (we) are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:26-29).
 
So like David prayed, create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me, never take away Your Holy Spirit from me and always restore unto me the joy of my salvation in You (Psalm 51:10-12). "O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare Your praise! (Psalm 51:15)  Let Your Holy Spirit fall afresh upon me and the Spirit of Christ rise up within me each day (Romans 8:9). And when it's all been said and done, may I be able to say that as a child of God, by the power of Your grace at work within me, "The Spirit of the Lord (spoke) through me, His word (was) upon my tongue" (2 Samuel 23:2). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the Spirit of the Living God will fall afresh upon you and the Spirit of Christ will rise up within you, with the words of the Lord upon your tongue and the nature of Jesus, the Son of God and the Son of David, in your heart, in Jesus' name. May you be one of God's children after God's own heart. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!