Thursday, May 19, 2016

Morning by Morning, May 19 - "Close to the Father's Heart"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the hand and lead me by the heart, as I begin the journey of my day with You.  ...
 
"And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen His glory, the glory as of a father's only son, full of grace and truth.... From His fullness we have all received, grace upon grace. The law indeed was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father's heart, who has made Him known" (John 1:14-18).
 
Lord Jesus, You are the Son of God; You are God the Son. You are "close to the Father's heart" because You and the Father are "One" (John 10:30). You are "the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very Being" (Hebrews 1:3). You are "the image of the invisible God" for "in (You) all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell" (Colossians 1:15-19).
 
Just as You are "close to the Father's heart," You long for every one of us, as sons and daughters of God, to be just as close. You passionately prayed that prayer for us when You walked this earth:  "As You, Father, are in Me and I am in You, may they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. That glory that You have given Me I have given them, so that they may be one, as We are One, I in them and You in Me, that they may be completely one, so that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me" (John 17:21-23). That's a deep expression of the desires of Your heart that we fully receive "grace upon grace" (v. 1. 16).
 
My Father God, I draw near to You, close the Father's heart, as best as I can all by Your grace, through Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. I embrace Your Holy Spirit, abiding in me -- living in me that I may live in You (John 14:17). "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of (us)" (2 Corinthians 13:13). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will draw close to the Father's heart -- closer every day, with grace upon grace in deepening communion with Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit abiding in you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!