Friday, May 13, 2016

Morning by Morning, May 13 - Come to Jesus Meeting
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to begin my day in the communion of prayer -- embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Then they came to Capernaum; and when He was in the house He asked them, 'What were you arguing about on the way?' But they were silent, for on the way they had argued with one another who was the greatest. He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, 'Whoever wants to be first must be last of all and servant of all" (Mark 9:33-35).
 
Sometimes we need a little realignment of our priorities or a little reassessment of our motives. Sometimes we need to search our hearts or listen to our words and ask ourselves "Whose kingdom are we really building?" and "Whose name are we really promoting?" So sometimes You need to sit us down and have a little Come to Jesus Meeting with us.
 
In Your Kingdom dynamics, the way up is down, the way to lead is to serve, and the place of honor comes from the place of humility. "All who exalt themselves will be humbled, and all who humble themselves will be exalted" (Matthew 23:12). In that way the last become first and the losers in the eyes of the world become the winners in the kingdom of God.
 
"O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You discern my thoughts from far away" -- and yet, You still love me; and yet, You still patiently bear with me (Psalm 139:1-2). "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24).
 
Thank You for the times You sit me down and then sit down with me. Thank You for our little Come to Jesus meetings where You lovingly and firmly realign me and remind me of Your kingdom ways so I can be a better servant of my God and ambassador of my King. "We are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20). I want Your appeal through me to be pure and inviting, exalting Your kingdom and You name alone. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be a mighty messenger of God and ambassador for Christ, with a humble heart and serving spirit, always honoring and exalting the name of Jesus with your life and ministry, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!