Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 11 -- Grow and Overflow to "Abound in Hope"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- I welcome You in every dimension of Your Being into every dimension of my being.  ...
 
"May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).
 
You are "the God of hope." And Your heart for us is that we would "abound in hope." 
 
How do we "abound in hope?"  It's "by the power of the Holy Spirit." And how does "the power of the Holy Spirit" cause us to "abound in hope?" It's by stirring in our hearts with expectant faith that You will "fill (us) with all joy and peace in believing."
 
What is it to "abound?"  ...
 
I believe I hear You speaking to my heart:  "My son, to abound is to grow and overflow. I want you to grow and overflow with My nature growing in you and flowing through you."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. To "abound" is to grow and overflow. And whatever grows and overflows in me will pour out of me to touch everything and everyone around me -- whether good or bad. It can be hopelessness or hope, discouragement or encouragement, doubt or faith, fear or courage, insecurity or confidence, division or unity, selfishness or selflessness, weariness or enthusiasm, chaos or peace, sadness or joy. "The good person out of the good treasure of the heart produces good, and the evil person out of evil treasure produces evil; for it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks" (Luke 6:45). It's out of the abundance of whatever is inside us that will overflow and abound out of us.
 
So come, Holy Spirit. Empower me with Your good treasure. "Hope does not disappoint (me), because God's love ahs been poured into (my) heart through the Holy Spirit that has been given to (me). As You pour Your love into me, fill me with "all joy and peace in believing" today. Let me grow and overflow to "abound in hope" to impact my world with my Father's heart all around me today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



May you filled with joy and peace in believing, as you grow and overflow to abound in hope and impact your world today with the love of God that pours in and through you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    


  Free to Be Like Jesus Teaching 
Biblical Principles of Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom

Friends, if you are in the Austin area, I will be teaching a 6 week series on the Biblical Principles of Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom at Life in the City United Methodist Church on Wednesday Nights beginning January 11, 2017 at 6pm. All are welcome. Come if you can and please keep us in prayer. It will be based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus!  www.lifeinthecityaustin.org

 


My New Prayer Devotional Book
 Begin 2017 in a Journey to Deeper Intimacy with God 

Friends, I'm excited that we just published my new book Morning by Morning, Second Edition that is now available through Amazon and Kindle. It's a 365 Day Devotional with a selection of many of my favorite devotionals from the last several years of my prayer journey. Thank you for joining with me on this journey! And I pray these simple morning prayers are a great blessing and encouragement to you to start your day embraced by the love of our Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!