Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 24 - "Wait for the Lord" and Walk in His Paths
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me watch for Your leading as I wait in Your presence, here in these first moments of my morning -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God.  ...
 
"Those who wait for the Lord renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31).
 
Waiting on You is never wasted time. When I wait on You I'm willingly choosing to humble myself to Your leading and Your will for my day. As I do, You "open doors before (me)" and arrange for me to find "riches hidden in secret places, so that (I) may know that it is (You), the Lord, the God of Israel, who calls (me) by (my) name" (Isaiah 45:1-3). 
 
Waiting on You allows You to put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart so that You can direct my paths and order my steps. "Our steps are made firm by the Lord, when He delights in our way; though we stumble, we shall not fall headlong, for the Lord holds us by the hand" (Psalm 37:23-24).
 
To begin my day waiting in Your presence and watching for Your leading as I first take time to sit with You awhile is one of my very practical ways of consciously, deliberately choosing to "Trust in the Lord will all (my) heart, and lean not on (my) own understanding; (but) in all (my) ways acknowledge (You), and (You) shall direct (my) paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6). As I do, You renew my strength and refresh my spirit to lift me up on eagle's wings.
 
You oppose the proud, but give grace to the humble (James 4:6). And as You know, I need all the grace I can get. So by the power of Your grace, I choose to set aside my pride that would insist on my way and first take time to wait and watch, to listen for Your leading, and let You order my steps and direct my paths throughout the moments of my day. It's one of the ways You "set before (me) an open door, which no one is able to shut" -- the open door of Your will for my day and all my life (Revelation 3:8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will be renewed and refreshed as you take time to wait for the Lord and allow Him to order your steps for all He has planned in His good will for your life today, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!