Monday, January 23, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 23 - "Restart" of  a New Week
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. My Savior, be at the center of my life and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23).
 
While it seems like most people don't like Monday mornings, I do. It always feels like a "restart" to me. It's a new day -- the first day of a new week with new beginnings, new challenges, on a new adventures. It's kind of like last week has passed away, and "behold, all things have become new!" (2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJ)
 
Of course, it's not like the problems and challenges of last week have suddenly vanished and gone away. But it's more like I can bring fresh perspective, new eyes, and renewed attitude to every "work in progress" while looking forward to what lies ahead. So whether I'm continuing on or starting anew, You invite me to welcome You into my Monday with me with Your promise that Your steadfast love never ceases and Your mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. 
 
Great is Your faithfulness. Near is Your presence. Forever is Your love. Why wouldn't I look forward to beginning again in a restart of a new week when I know my God is with me and has really good plans for me? (Jeremiah 29:11) I thank You that as I start off my Monday morning in the communion of prayer before launching into the adventure of my week, I can embrace Your truth that "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him!" (1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJ).
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be refreshed and renewed in the abiding presence of God, as you embrace your restart of a new week in His power and grace, mercy and love, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!