Friday, January 13, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 13 - Spiritual Leadership
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Where You lead, I will follow. When You speak, I will listen. Give me the grace to sense Your leading and hear Your voice as I seek to "live and move and have (my) being" in You, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Acts 17:28).  ...
 
"A good leader plans to do good, and those good things make him a good leader" (Isaiah 32:8).
 
Put Your good plans in my heart. Let me see what You're doing and hear what You're saying. Let me lead no one where You are not leading me. And let me be found faithful to lead all You have entrusted to my care under my watch into the fullness of every good thing You have purposed and planned for their lives and mine.
 
We are all Your disciples. And You've called every one of Your disciples to lead others to You. So we are all leaders, as those who have the heart and Spirit of our Leader within us. But we can only be faithful leaders to the degree we are following You. This is the spiritual leadership You desire and require of each one of us -- having a heart after You -- men and women of God after God's own heart (Acts 13:22).
 
Lead me today, Lord Jesus. Where You lead, I will follow -- as best as I can and all by Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



May you be found faithful in your spiritual leadership, following Jesus and leading others to Him and into every good thing God has for you and those He has entrusted to your care, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

     


  Free to Be Like Jesus Teaching 
Biblical Principles of Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom

Friends, if you are in the Austin area, I am teaching a 6 week series on the Biblical Principles of Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom at Life in the City United Methodist Church on Wednesday Nights beginning January 11, 2017 at 6pm. You can still join us beginning our Second Week next Wednesday night. All are welcome. Come if you can and please keep us in prayer. It will be based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus!  www.lifeinthecityaustin.org

 


My New Prayer Devotional Book
 Begin 2017 in a Journey to Deeper Intimacy with God 

Friends, I'm excited that we just published my new book Morning by Morning, Second Edition that is now available through Amazon and Kindle. It's a 365 Day Devotional with a selection of many of my favorite devotionals from the last several years of my prayer journey. Thank you for joining with me on this journey! And I pray these simple morning prayers are a great blessing and encouragement to you to start your day embraced by the love of our Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!