Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 17 - Fire and Hammer of God's Word
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to my heart as I listen for Your voice, O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Is not My word like fire, says the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?" (Jeremiah 23:28).
 
Yes, Lord. ...
 
Father God, let Your word burn in my heart and purify my soul. Let Your word break every idol that I'm tempted to allow to take Your place of authority and honor in my life. Come consume what needs to be consumed, and come break what needs to be broken. Let Your word convict me and convince me of Your truth; and let Your word heal me and restore me in Your love (Psalm 107:20).
 
Lord Jesus, You are the Word of God (John 1:14). And Your words are "spirit and life" to me (John 6:63). As I seek to hear Your voice and embrace Your words, I'm welcoming You into my heart to change my life. I'm welcoming Your Spirit -- "the Spirit of Christ" -- to consume me and break me, then to conform me and transform me into the image of the Son of God more each day (Romans 8:9).
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Fire of God, burn! Hammer of God, break! Make me more like Jesus today! (Romans 8:29; 1 John 4:17)  Let the Word of God, let the words of God have Your way in me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

May you embrace the fire and hammer of God's word in your heart and allow Him to transform you and conform you into the image of the Son of God more every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 


  Free to Be Like Jesus Teaching 
Biblical Principles of Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom

Friends, if you are in the Austin area, I am teaching a 6 week series on the Biblical Principles of Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom at Life in the City United Methodist Church on Wednesday Nights beginning January 11, 2017 at 6pm. You can still join us beginning our Second Week next Wednesday night. All are welcome. Come if you can and please keep us in prayer. It will be based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus!  www.lifeinthecityaustin.org

 


My New Prayer Devotional Book
 Begin 2017 in a Journey to Deeper Intimacy with God 

Friends, I'm excited that we just published my new book Morning by Morning, Second Edition that is now available through Amazon and Kindle. It's a 365 Day Devotional with a selection of many of my favorite devotionals from the last several years of my prayer journey. Thank you for joining with me on this journey! And I pray these simple morning prayers are a great blessing and encouragement to you to start your day embraced by the love of our Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!