Monday, January 09, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 9 - Overflowing Grace
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice.  ...
 
"I am grateful to Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He has judged me faithful and appointed me to His service, even though I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a man of violence. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 1:12-14).
 
Toward the very end of his life and ministry, the Apostle Paul thought of himself as having been "the foremost" among all sinners who had received Your "utmost patience" and overflowing grace (v. 16). I, too, have received a lot of grace -- overflowing grace -- in Your utmost patience with me. And I'm grateful that You're still patient with me, still strengthening me, still at work within me to make me more like You each day. I'm grateful that You love us too much to leave us in the darkness of our ignorance and unbelief or imprisoned in the pride of our stubbornness, arrogance, and self-righteousness. 
 
You "came into the world to save sinners" -- just like Paul and me and everyone who willingly chooses to humble themselves to trust in You and Your grace for us (v. 15). And then You turn our lives around to appoint us and empower us to Your service for Your glory in our identity as completely forgiven and deeply loved sons and daughters of God (v. 12). That's the power of Your overflowing grace and unfailing love for all who choose to believe. Our lives are "an example to those who would come to believe in (You) for eternal life" (v. 16). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



May you see and embrace the overflowing grace of God in your life through Jesus Christ, allowing Him to appoint you and empower you in His service for His glory each day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

  

My New Prayer Devotional Book
 Begin 2017 in a Journey to Deeper Intimacy with God 

Friends, I'm excited that we just published my new book Morning by Morning, Second Edition that is now available through Amazon and Kindle. It's a 365 Day Devotional with a selection of many of my favorite devotionals from the last several years of my prayer journey. Thank you for joining with me on this journey! And I pray these simple morning prayers are a great blessing and encouragement to you to start your day embraced by the love of our Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!