Thursday, January 05, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 5 - "Grow Up" to More Like Jesus
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of all that I am and all that I do today.  ...
 
"We must grow up in every way into Him who is this head, into Christ" (Ephesians 4:15).
 
If the goal of my life is be more like You, then the goal of each day must be to seek to be more like You in each choice I make along the way. So put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Change me from the inside out, so that what I say and what I do reflect what You are saying and what You are doing inside of me, all by the power of Your grace at work within me. "For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" (Philippians 2:13 NLT).
 
As You said long ago to Your first disciples, You remind me and every one of Your disciples today:  "Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in Me.... For apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:4-5). 
 
I thank You, Lord, that I never have to be apart from You, that You are with me always (Matthew 28:20). And You are always with me, at work within me by Your Spirit and the power of Your grace, to make me more like You each day (Romans 8:29). As You are, so am I to be -- as best as I can and all by Your grace (1 John 4:17). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



May you grow up by the power of the grace of God at work within you to be more like Jesus today in every choice you make along the way, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    
  

  
Send a book to a friend to start off 2017 with me in seeking to begin my day centered in Jesus! Friends, I'm excited that we just published my new book Morning by Morning, Second Edition that is now available through Amazon and Kindle. It's a 365 Day Devotional with a selection of many of my favorite devotionals from the last several years of my prayer journey. Thank you for joining with me on this journey! And I pray these simple morning prayers are a great blessing and encouragement to you to start your day embraced by the love of our Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. God bless you and Merry Christmas!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!