Thursday, January 26, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 26 - The "Royal Law" of Love
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the heart and lead me by Your Spirit into the way that leads to life in You today.  ...
 
"You do well if you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself'" (James 2:8).
 
It's the "royal law" because we are sons and daughters of the King. In Christ, we are "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, in order that (we) may proclaim the mighty acts of Him who called (us) out of darkness into (Your) marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9). And the defining character trait of this chosen race is love. The sacramental service of this royal priesthood is love. The law of the land of this holy nation is love. For the Lord our God, who is the King of this kingdom and the Father of this family, is love" (1 John 4:16).
 
As best as I can and all by Your grace, may I seek to "really fulfill the royal law" of love today. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as You lead me in the way of love. By the power of the grace of God at work within me, let me be patient and kind, not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude, not insisting on my own way, not irritable or resentful, not rejoicing in wrongdoing, but rejoicing in the truth, bearing all things, believing all things, hoping all things, and enduring all things in the love of God moving through my heart that never fails (1 Corinthians 13:4-8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


May you "do well" as you "really fulfill the royal law" of love today, all by the power of the grace of God at work within you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!