Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 4 - Following the Pillar of the Presence of the Lord
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Christ the King, come rule and reign in me and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"The Lord went in front of them in a pillar of cloud by day, to lead them along the way, and in a pillar of fire by night, to give them light, so that they might travel by day and by night" (Exodus 13:21).
 
Come, Holy Spirit. You are the Pillar of the Presence of the Lord. In communion with You, the Father and the Son dwell in me. And in communion with You, the Father and the Son lead me. You are the Cloud that comforts me and the Fire that consumes me. You always point me to the Light of my Savior to lead me in the way that leads to life (John 16:13-15).
 
So open the eyes of my heart to see where Your pillar of cloud by day and Your pillar of fire by night will lead me today. Make me more sensitive to the leading of Your Spirit stirring in my spirit and speaking to my heart. "When (I) turn to the right or when (I) turn to the left, (my) ears shall hear a word behind (me), saying, 'This is the way; walk in it'" (Isaiah 30:21). 
 
Give me confidence to believe the promise of Your Word:  "All who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God ...  (and) it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God" (Romans 8:14-16). Give me the discipline to never take another step until I see and sense the Pillar of Your Presence move and the courage to move immediately and obediently the moment I do. This is the great the joy of my journey -- that I journey every moment of every day in communion with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



May you know deeply in your heart you are a child of God, led by the Spirit of God, moving patiently, confidently and courageously in step with the Pillar of the Presence of the Lord each day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  
  

Friends, I'll be speaking at the First Wednesday Worship and Prayer Service at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus in San Antonio for the first Wednesday of the New Year tonight. Please come join us. All are welcome! Our Rapha God Ministries team will be partnering with the Oak Hills Church prayer team to offer personal prayer ministry.  www.oakhillschurch
   
Start off 2017 with me in seeking to begin my day centered in Jesus!
Friends, I'm excited that we just published my new book Morning by Morning, Second Edition that is now available through Amazon and Kindle. It's a 365 Day Devotional with a selection of many of my favorite devotionals from the last several years of my prayer journey. Thank you for joining with me on this journey! And I pray these simple morning prayers are a great blessing and encouragement to you to start your day embraced by the love of our Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. God bless you and Merry Christmas!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!