Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 10 - "Utterly Astonished!" at the Power of the Name of Jesus
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is the name above every name! (Philippians 2:9)  And I begin my day proclaiming Your name over every area of my life -- Jesus Christ is Lord over all! (v. 13)  ...
 
"Peter said, 'I have no silver or gold, but what I have I give you; in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, stand up and walk.' And he took him by the right hand and raised him up; and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. Jumping up, he stood and began to walk, and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God! ... While he clung to Peter and John, all the people ran together to them in the portico called Solomon's Portico, utterly astonished. When Peter saw it, he addressed the people, 'You Israelites, why do you wonder at this, or why do you stare at us, as though by our own power or piety we had made him walk? The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our ancestors has glorified His Servant Jesus.... And by faith in His name, His name itself has made this man strong, whom you seek and know; and the faith that is through Jesus has given him this perfect health in the presence of all of you" (Acts 3:6-16).
 
With the eyes of my heart, I see those words "utterly astonished" glowing red as is You were blowing on burning embers to fan them into flame. I believe I hear You speaking to my heart:  "Look and see! You will be amazed at the things I will do in this new season in the power and glory of My name! You will be utterly astonished!" ... 
 
Yes, Lord. I am excited and expectant. As You said to me in the intimacy of prayer to begin this new year, "Call to Me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known" (Jeremiah 33:3). "As it is written, 'What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love Him'" (1 Corinthians 2:9).
 
Let this be a year that long-awaited promises are fulfilled, that prophetic words come to pass. Break through and break out! Show up and show off! Let the whole world see that God is alive, the Word of God is true, the Holy Spirit of the living God is on the move, and Jesus Christ is Lord! Let us be "utterly astonished" as we stand amazed in the Presence and power of our mighty God displaying the glory of Your mighty name!
 
Let the expectant hope You stirred up in the hearts of Your people long ago be stirred up in us all this year:  "'Yes,' says the Lord, 'I will do mighty miracles for you, like those I did when I rescued you from slavery in Egypt.' All the nations of the world will stand amazed at what the Lord will do for you.... Once again You will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under Your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean. You will show us Your faithfulness and unfailing love as You promised to our ancestors Abraham and Jacob long ago!" (Micah 7:15-20 NLT) 
 
Yes, Lord. Let it be so, in the mighty name of Jesus! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



May you be stirred in your heart with expectant hope and be utterly astonished at the power of name of Jesus, as you proclaim Him as Lord over all of your life this year, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

   


  Free to Be Like Jesus Teaching
Biblical Principles of Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom

Friends, if you are in the Austin area, I will be teaching a 6 week series on the Biblical Principles of Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom at Life in the City United Methodist Church on Wednesday Nights beginning January 11, 2017 at 6pm. All are welcome. Come if you can and please keep us in prayer. It will be based on my book Free to Be Like Jesus!  www.lifeinthecityaustin.org

 

My New Prayer Devotional Book
 Begin 2017 in a Journey to Deeper Intimacy with God 

Friends, I'm excited that we just published my new book Morning by Morning, Second Edition that is now available through Amazon and Kindle. It's a 365 Day Devotional with a selection of many of my favorite devotionals from the last several years of my prayer journey. Thank you for joining with me on this journey! And I pray these simple morning prayers are a great blessing and encouragement to you to start your day embraced by the love of our Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. 

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!