Friday, January 06, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 6 - The Love that Conquers the World
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me closer, that I can hear Your voice, sense Your presence, and follow Your leading, now and throughout the moments of my day.  ...
 
"For the love of God is this, that we obey His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, for whatever is born of God conquers the world. And this is the victory that conquers the world, our faith. Who is it that conquers the world but the one who believes Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 John 5:3-5)
 
The love that conquers the world is a love that's grounded in our obedience and faith in God -- the God who has revealed Himself in Jesus Christ. Just as You said You came to bring us Your peace and not the world's peace, You come to teach us Your love and not the world's love (John 14:27).
 
You love is not 00shy-g00shy, anything-goes love. You love is not turn a blind eye, let it be, c'est la vie love. Your love speaks the truth (Ephesians 4:15). Your love confronts and corrects, disciplines and disciples (Hebrews 12:6). Your "love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things" (1 Corinthians 13:4-7). "(Your) love never ends.... And now faith hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love" (1 Corinthians 13:8-13).
 
This is the love that conquers the world. This is the love that's conquered my heart and moves me to obey You and trust You and choose to live my life though faith in You. And I love You because You first loved me (1 John 4:19). "The grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.... To the King of the ages, (to the King of Love), immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever!" (1 Timothy 1:14-17) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

May you know deeply in your heart and be consumed fully in your life with the love of God revealed in Jesus Christ, the King of Love, that conquers the world, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

  
Friends, I'm excited that we just published my new book Morning by Morning, Second Edition that is now available through Amazon and Kindle. It's a 365 Day Devotional with a selection of many of my favorite devotionals from the last several years of my prayer journey. Thank you for joining with me on this journey! And I pray these simple morning prayers are a great blessing and encouragement to you to start your day embraced by the love of our Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. God bless you and Merry Christmas!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!