Thursday, March 12, 2020

Morning by Morning, March 12 - A "Distinction" in the Response of God's People to Panic
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with the Father, One with the Holy Spirit; be One within me, as I abide in You and You abide in me (John 17:21). From this place of unity and surrender, I watch and wait for Your leading. ...
 
"On that day (of the plague) I will set apart the land of Goshen, where My people live, so that no swarms of flies shall be there, that you may know that I the Lord am in this land. Thus I will make a distinction between My people and your people" (Exodus 8:22-23).
 
This Coronavirus pandemic is like a plague of panic in our day, now investing nearly nation on earth. But You call us to faith and not fear, to trust and not terror, to peace and not panic. For those who turn to You, who find their Refuge in You, under the shadow of the Almighty and in the secret place of the Most High, "where (Your) people live," there will always be calm in the midst of the storm and clarity in midst of the chaos (Psalm 91).
 
There should be "a distinction" in the response of Your people who are called by Your name and those who do not yet know You. We should be different. We should respond differently. Even as we acknowledge our struggles with anxieties or fears, worries or concerns, we can release them to You as they rise up in us. "Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7). "In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comfort delights my soul" (Psalm 94:19 NKJV).
 
You are our "Land of Goshen." You are our Rock and Refuge, our Stronghold and our Shield of Protection. As we abide in You and You abide in us, we are safe in You (John 15:4). "The name of the Lord is a Strong Tower; the righteous run into it and are safe" (Proverbs 18:10).
 
Give us courage come into agreement with Your Word and declare Your Truth into our hearts and into the land You entrusted to us with both responsibility and authority. Let Your perfect love cast out fear (1 John 4:18) and let Your perfect peace steady our hearts. You will bring us through this plague of panic and whatever else we face, as we seek to "live and move and have our being" in You (Acts 17:28). "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You" (Isaiah 26:3 NKJV). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be kept in perfect peace as your heart and mind are stayed on the Lord through whatever you face, letting there be a great distinction and witness in your response to the response of the world around you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 



 

   


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!