Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Morning by Morning, March 18 - "Turn to Me"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Rock of my salvation, Shepherd of my soul -- I look to You and listen for Your voice, for Your sheep hear Your voice (John 10:4). ...
 
I believe I hear You speaking these words in my heart and bringing them up to my mind to ponder in the communion of prayer with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. And I have a sense these words not meant for me alone:
 
"Turn to Me.
Turn away from the TV.
Turn away from the computer screen.
Turn away from what you're worried will happen and
turn to the One who already sees all that will ever happen and
will turn it all to good.
Turn to Me.
Trust in Me.
In returning and rest, in quietness and trust, I will see you through." ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your written Word comes to mind to confirm these spoken words to my heart. "For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel:  In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength" (Isaiah 30:15). "Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I Am God, and there is no other!" (Isaiah 45:22). "Return to Me, says the Lord of hosts, and I will return to you" (Zechariah 1:3). "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8).
 
Many are at home today -- here in my home and around the world, even to the ends of the earth. Someone even said it's like "a forced sabbatical" for the earth as we respond to the threat of contagion from this virus and its spread of sickness, disease, and death. But it's also an opportunity to turn to You, to trust in You, to put all our hope and faith in You. Even the wisdom we receive of how to respond and the courage we receive of how to act ultimately comes only from You. You said, "Ask for wisdom, and I will supply it" (from James 1:5).
 
But it's also an opportunity to invite the world to turn to You -- through our words, through our prayers, through our actions, through our example. Let those who don't yet know You hear Your call to turn to You, to find their peace in You, their security in You, their wisdom in You, and their hope in You.
 
Now is the time to pray for a great move of God across the earth! (Habakkuk 2:14) Now is the day of salvation! (Hebrews 3:13) Now is the season of great harvest! (Matthew 13:39)
 
Lord God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- I turn to You. And by the power of Your grace and the moving of Your Spirit, may I keep turning away from all that's less than You. May I make more time for You. May I be free from any temptation to squander these opportunities and be free from any distractions from Your great purposes, to be part of Your great harvest in our day and to the ends of the earth. "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore ask the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest" (Matthew 9:37-38). Lord, I'm asking, even as I'm turning to You -- now and moment by moment throughout my day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you turn to the Lord to trust in Him and be free from distractions and anything less than Him to take hold of the opportunities set before us for a great harvest in these days, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Blue