Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Morning by Morning, March 3 - God is Good! --No Matter What We Face
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome You here in my heart, here in my mind, here in every moment of my day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
"The Lord is good, a stronghold in a day of trouble; He protects those who take refuge in Him, even in a rushing flood. He will make a full end of His adversaries, and will pursue His enemies into darkness" (Nahum 1:7-8).
 
God is good! All the time! And all the time, God is good!
 
I like to keep my theology simple -- God is good; Satan is bad. God desires good things for my life; Satan desires bad things for my life. God is for me; Satan is against me. God is my friend; Satan is my enemy. As You said, Lord Jesus, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that (you) may have life, and have it abundantly" (John 10:10).
 
But even when my enemy comes against me -- whether by virus or disease, by persecution or tribulation, by deception or fear or anything else to try to steal my peace, my hope, my confidence, or my joy -- You stand up for me. "Even in a rushing flood," You are my Refuge, my Protector, my Defender. "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him" (Isaiah 59:19 NKJV). You protect those who take refuge in You.
 
You told us, "In the world (we will) have tribulation, but take courage: I have overcome the world," saying, "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace" (John 16:33 NASB). So in You, I find my Refuge; in You, I find my Peace; in You, I find my Courage to not fear, to not worry, to be anxious for nothing, for You are with me and Your Spirit abides within me (Philippians 4:6-7).
 
No matter what I endure in this broken and fallen world where there is an enemy who comes against me in every way he can to steal and kill and destroy, none of that will have the last word, none of that will have the final say, none of that will stand. You'll even use the attacks of my adversary to drive me closer to You, to give me opportunities to turn to You and trust in You, to even promote me on the battlefield and equip me for the battles to come. As someone has said, even my setbacks are just setups for You to come and display Your goodness and Your grace, to cause all things to work together for my good because You love me and called me according to Your purposes (Romans 8:28).
 
O Lord -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- You are good! And You are God! And You are sovereign over my life! So I take heart with great courage, great hope, and great faith that the promise of Your Word will come to pass in my life through every battle I fight, every setback I overcome, and every rushing flood of my enemy I endure:  "The God of peace will shorty crush Satan under (my) feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with (us all)!" (Romans 16:20) 
 
By the power of Your grace at work within us, as we abide in deep relationship with You, we will "continue in the faith (for) we must through many tribulations enter the Kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22 NKJV). But at the same time, "in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us!" (Romans 8:37) 
 
God is good! And God is for us! And if God be for us, nothing can stand against us! (Romans 8:31) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be confident in the truth that our God is good, no matter what we face; and He will turn every setback into a setup to dimply His glory through our lives as we trust and abide in Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


 

   


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!