Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Morning by Morning, March 17 - "Shelter in Place" -- in the Secret Place of the Most High
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Heart to Heart, spirit to Spirit, deep to Deep, I look to You and listen for Your leading to begin my day in communion with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...
 
A phrase I've been hearing in the news, I'm hearing in my heart this morning:  "Shelter in Place." But what I sense is coming from Your Heart to mine is this:
 
"I Am your Shelter. I Am the Secret Place of the Most High. There's no safer place than in My Presence. There's no greater shelter than in My will. But it's not a place to hunker down and hide away in fear. It's a Place I've prepared for you, a Table I've prepared for you, even in the presence of your enemies of fear, worry, anxiety, chaos, confusion, and doubt. It's a Place where you can be still and know that I Am God and I will get you through this, no matter where you are, no matter how you feel, no matter what comes against you. Trust in Me. Rest in Me. Keep close to Me and I will lead you to be My light in the midst of the darkness and My hope in the midst of despair, as You seek Me in worship and join with Me in prayer and follow Me in obedience. My Light shines through you. My Hope exudes from you. Christ in you, the hope of glory. Christ in you, the Shelter of the Almighty and the Secret Place of the Most High."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. As Your Word invites us to believe in faith:  "You who live in the Shelter of the Most High, who abide in the Shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, 'My Refuge and my Fortress; my God in whom I trust.' For He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence; He will cover you with His Pinions, and under His Wings you will find Refuge; His faithfulness is a Shield and Buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night or the arrow that flies by day, or the pestilence that stalks in darkness, or the destruction that wastes at noonday.... When they call to Me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them. With long life I will satisfy them, and show them My Salvation" (Psalm 91:1-16).
 
Your Word reveals Your will -- Your written Word and Your spoken word. And You invite us to believe Your Word, to pray Your Word, to declare Your Word, to live out Your Word -- even in the midst, especially in the midst, of all we face and endure in this broken and fallen world where the battles and threats are real. "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17).
 
So by the power of Your grace, no matter what I face, no matter where I am, I will be sheltering in Place. By the power of Your grace, I will be abiding in Your Presence, believing Your Word, praying Your Word, declaring Your Word, living out Your Word -- for me and my house, no matter where I am and whatever I'm doing, but also for my neighbors, my community, my nation, my world, and all that You've entrusted to me and under my care as a child of God and a disciple of Jesus Christ, embraced in Your Arms and filled with Your Spirit. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you abide in the One who abides in You, safe and secure, but also praying and proclaiming the Word of God, living and loving as a disciple of Christ, from your Secret Place in the Shelter of the Almighty, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!




Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!