Thursday, March 26, 2020

Morning by Morning, March 26 - "Hope is a Beautiful Gift and a Mighty Weapon"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I turn my eyes to You, help me begin my day deeply knowing I'm embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...
 
Listening for Your leading this morning, I hear in my heart: "Hope is a beautiful gift and a mighty weapon. Put your hope in Me and I will fill you with My hope." ...
 
Yes, Lord. You bring to mind Your written Word to confirm Your spoken word: "May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).
 
Hope is gift from You -- just like joy and peace. And You fill us with hope as You fill us with "the power of the Holy Spirit." It's not just a little trickle of hope, not just a little hope to get us through another day, not just enough hope to get us over to the other side. It's a hope that empowers us to thrive and not merely survive, to "abound in hope" and not merely stick around in wishful thinking that it might turn out okay after all.
 
Hope comes by believing in You, by trusting in You. Then, it's a beautiful gift we receive and a mighty weapon we wield.
 
I've known what it is to feel hopeful and to feel hopeless, to feel encouraged and to feel discouraged, to feel faithful and to feel faithless. But Your Word is greater than my feelings and Your Truth can overcome any doubts I'm feeling at the moment. 
 
So as best as I can and all by the power of Your grace, I choose this day to put my hope in You. I choose this day to open wide my human spirit to filled afresh with Your Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18), to be "endued with power from on high" (Luke 2:49). And I choose this day to thank You and praise You that You are "the God of hope" who is filling me now "with all joy and peace" as I am believing and trusting in You. You are my "Living Hope" -- living in me and filling me with Your hope today (1 Peter 1:3). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be filled with hope and joy and peace today by the power of the Holy Spirit, enduing you with power to hope from on high, in Jesus' name. May you embrace this beautiful gift from God and wield this mighty weapon against the darkness and doubt, the fear and confusion, the hopelessness and despair in the world around you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out ...
Preparing the Way of the Lord
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!