Wednesday, August 25, 2021

We Turn to the One Who Thunders from the Heavens - August 25, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, August 25 - We Turn to the One Who Thunders from the Heavens

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as You make me more like You today. ...

As I think of all that’s going on in our world -- pandemics and problems, sickness and sinfulness, fires and fears, takeovers and terrors, wars and rumors of war, foolishness and failure, and everything else -- I can start to feel overwhelmed. So I turn to the One who oversees and overcomes it all.

When David felt that way, when his world “reeled and rocked,” he cried out to You in both desperation and faith, trusting You to come in Your power to overcome all that was overwhelming him. His prayer is our Promise from Psalm 18:

I love you, O Lord, my Strength.
The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer,
    my God, my Rock in whom I take refuge,
    my Shield, and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    so I shall be saved from my enemies.
The cords of death encompassed me;
    the torrents of perdition assailed me;
the cords of Sheol entangled me;
    the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called upon the Lord;
    to my God I cried for help.
From His temple He heard my voice,
    and my cry to Him reached His ears.
Then the earth reeled and rocked;
    the foundations also of the mountains trembled
    and quaked, because He was angry.
Smoke went up from His nostrils,
    and devouring fire from His mouth;
    glowing coals flamed forth from Him.
He bowed the heavens, and came down;
    thick darkness was under His feet.
10 He rode on a cherub, and flew;
    He came swiftly upon the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness His covering around Him,
    His canopy thick clouds dark with water.
12 Out of the brightness before Him
    there broke through His clouds
    hailstones and coals of fire.
13 The Lord also thundered in the heavens,
    and the Most High uttered His voice. 
14 And He sent out His arrows, and scattered them;
    He flashed forth lightnings, and routed them.
15 Then the channels of the sea were seen,
    and the foundations of the world were laid bare
at Your rebuke, O Lord,
    at the blast of the breath of Your nostrils.
16 He reached down from on high, He took me;
    He drew me out of mighty waters.
17 He delivered me from my strong enemy,
    and from those who hated me;
    for they were too mighty for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity;
    but the Lord was my Support.
19 He brought me out into a broad place;
    He delivered me, because He delighted in me.

Yes, Lord. That’s my prayer. That’s Your Promise. When we’re “reeled and rocked” we can turn to our Rock. We turn to the One who “thunder(s) in the heavens.”

In our distress, we call upon Your name and cry out to You for help. In desperation and faith, we trust in You. 

Come breaking into our world and all we’re facing to deliver us and bring us into the broad place of Your embrace. Not because we deserve it; not because we’ve earned it -- David didn’t and neither do we. But simply because You delight in us. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be turn and trust in the One who thunders from the heavens to coming breaking into your world in His mercy and grace, in His power and love, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Mailing Address:
Messiah Ministries
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:

Launching Our Free Online Video Series 
on Inner Healing and Freedom in Jesus!

It's free! — Sign up and spread the word today!

Who hasn't had a wounded heart sometime along the journey of our lives in this world? The good news is that Jesus is still healing the broken hearted and setting captives free. In the mercy and love of God, He comes to heal us and free us!

Come join us on this 10 part series, free of cost, to experience key principles of inner healing and spiritual freedom, along with powerful segments of healing prayer ministry.
 
This vibrant spiritual experience will be more than a teaching. We're praying it will be a life-changing encounter with the Living God for you!

And please spread the word to anyone you think would love this and benefit from it.

God bless you, as He heals you and frees you in the power of His love!

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

Daily 
Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions and Spiritual Direction—
both in person and online by appointment.

August 27-28
Spiritual Retreat at Mo Ranch in the Texas Hill Country.
Weekend spiritual encounter for those attending our Freedom Equipping Courses hosted by Bridge Church

August 29-30
Healing Prayer Services
at Coker UMC in San Antonio, Texas.
Sunday 8/29 at 6:30PM in person; Monday 8/30 at 6:30PM by zoom.
In English and Spanish.

September 16-18
Equipping at School of the Prophets with Chris Reed at MorningStar University, MorningStar Ministries in Fort Mill, South Carolina. I'm an ordained member of the Fellowship of Ministries and have been teaching a Deliverance Ministry Course for Online Group Leaders.

September 30
Preaching in Pakistan through our Monthly Internet Ministry
Each month we set up a projector screen in a different unreached village for our outdoor evangelistic outreach. I preach and minister, while Pastor Rizwan and Mehwish Fazal interpret the message live, join in prayer ministry, and follow up with discipleship. Thank you so much for every way you partner with us in prayer and to make this outreach ministry so possible and fruitful every month! God bless you!

October 3
Preaching the Sunday Services at the Bridge Church, Fredericksburg, TX
9:00 and 10:45 Live and by Livestream.

November 12-14
Preaching and Equipping for Prayer Ministry
at Grafton Methodist Church Harvest Festival 
near Dayton, Ohio.

Tuesday Nights
Teaching Freedom Equipping Course live in person every week at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas from 6 to 8:00. Starting over a New Course in September! Based on the principles of my book Free to Be Like Jesus!

Monday Nights
Rocio and I lead an Online Connect Group for MorningStar Ministries

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer MinistrySessions of Inner Healing & Deliverance by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 


Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.