Monday, September 19, 2016

Morning by Morning, September 19 - Whispering of Terror, but the Roaring of the Almighty
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Thank You for the invitation to begin my day and join in this journey of prayer with You each day -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"For I hear the whispering of many -- terror all around! -- as they scheme together against me, as they plot to take my life. But I trust in You, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in Your hand.... O how abundant is Your goodness that you have laid up for those who fear You, and accomplished for those who take refuge in You, in the sight of everyone. In the shelter of Your presence You hide them from human plots; You hold them safe under Your shelter.... Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord" (Psalm 31:13-24).
 
It seems the times of terror have invaded our shores again. Bombs in New York and New Jersey, stabbings in Minnesota, and there's the whispering of more to come. But our time is in Your hand. And we find our refuge in the shelter of Your presence.
 
By the power of the grace of God, we will be strong in Your strength and take courage in Your covering. "(We) who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.' ... (We) will not fear the terror.... We will only look with (our) eyes and see the punishment of the wicked" (Psalm 91:1-8).
 
Bring the heart of our nation under the covering of the Almighty. Rebuild the breach in our walls through humility and prayer, turning to You alone as our refuge, our fortress, and our strength. Let Your perfect love cast out all fear (1 John 4:18). "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV). 
 
Terror may whisper in the night, but the Most High, the Lord God Almighty, utters His voice and roars from His throne before the hosts of His armies of heaven! (Amos 1:2; Joel 2:11; Psalm 18:13; Psalm 91:11-16; Revelation 19:11-16) "So we may boldly say:  'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?' (Hebrews 13:6 NKJV) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you are filled with power, love, and sound mind from the Most High, the Lord God Almighty, as He sets terror to flight from Your heart and the heart of our nation, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 
 
        



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!