Thursday, September 08, 2016

Morning by Morning, September 8 - Only the Legacy of Love Will Last
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You today.  ...
 
"According to the grace of God given me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building on it. Each builder must choose with care how to build on it. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one that that has been laid; that foundation is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw -- the work of each builder will become visible, for the Day to disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each has done. If what has been built on the foundation survives, the builder will receive a reward. If the work is burned up, the builder will suffer loss; the builder will be saved, but only as through fire" (1 Corinthians 3:10-15).
 
Lord Jesus, You are my foundation. And I want whatever I build by Your grace with my life on this foundation of my relationship with You to be a lasting legacy, worthy of Your sacrifice and the mercy of Your love. On the Day to come, I want to "receive a reward" of Your words when I stand in Your Presence, "Well done, good and faithful servant.... Enter into the joy of your Lord" (Matthew 25:21 NKJV).
 
Is there anything I should be doing now to help prepare for the Day to come?  ...
 
It seems I hear You saying in my heart, "Learn to love.... Love Me; love others; love yourself, as you learn to see yourself as I see you and love you. Love is your foundation. Love is what you're building that will last, because I am Love and I am your Master Builder and I am building My love in you. So learn to love and become like Me."   ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your Word says, "We have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them.... We love because He first loved us" (1 John 4:16-19). And Your Word says if I "do not have love, I am nothing" and if I "do not have love, I gain nothing," no matter what else I may do or become with the time I have in this world before the Day to come (1 Corinthians 13:1-3).
 
So by the power of the grace of God, help me learn to love. "Let love be (my) highest goal" (1 Corinthians 14:1 NLT). And as I learn to love through the challenges that each day holds, You'll be making me more like You each day, until the Day to come when I see You "face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12; Romans 8:29). "And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love" (1 Corinthians 13:13). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will learn to love, as you become more like Jesus every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

       

Friends, please spread the word and come join us for our Level 1 Rapha God Ministries School of Ministry teaching the Biblical Foundations and Spiritual Principles of Healing and Freedom through Prayer, beginning September 13th in San Antonio, being hosted at the Oak Hills Church North Central Campus by the Airport. Call us at 210-233-1072 or email us at info@RaphaGodMinsistries.com to register.  DVDs are Available from our past schools. God bless you!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!