Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Morning by Morning, September 21 - "Seize the Hope," Your "Anchor of the Soul"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You and listen for Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.   ...
 
"When God desired to show even more clearly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of His purpose, He guaranteed it by an oath, so that through two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible that God would prove false, we who have taken refuge might be strongly encouraged to seize the hope set before us. We have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters the inner shrine behind the curtain, where Jesus, a forerunner on our behalf, has entered, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek" (Hebrews 6:17-20).
 
Lord, You've "strongly encouraged" me to "seize the hope set before (me)" as "a sure and steadfast anchor of (my) soul." What do You mean by this "hope" and how do I seize it?  ...
 
It seems I hear You speaking to my heart, "I Am your Hope. To hope in Me is to trust in Me, to believe in Me and My nature. Know that I Am a good God with a good heart for My children, and I have a good plan in My purposes for your life. Seize this hope by seeking Me, pursuing Me, choosing to trust Me with all your heart, all your mind, all your soul, and all your strength."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your Word comes to mind:  "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon Me and come and pray to Me, I will hear you. When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find Me, says the Lord..." (Jeremiah 29:11-14).
 
So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose to seize the hope. I consciously, deliberately choose to seek You, to pursue You, to trust You will all my heart, all my mind, all my soul, and all my strength (Mark 12:30). And by the power of the grace of God, I will not be tossed two and fro in wavering doubt no matter what I go through on my journey through this broken and fallen world. I will trust and know that You are with me and You are at work within me to work out Your good purposes according to Your good plan for my life. That's my future with hope in You. And that hope is "sure and steadfast anchor of (my) soul." In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray the One who is your Hope will be a sure and steadfast Anchor to your soul, as you trust in Him with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

  

Friends, please keep us in prayer as we finish our Level 1 School of Ministry on the Biblical Principles of Inner Healing Prayer Ministry this week. Even as we learn, God is displaying His glory through His healing and freedom in every session. Praise God!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!