Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Morning by Morning, September 7 - "Draw Near to God"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. O Lord, my God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- I seek You and I need You. Come fill my heart and my mind with Your nature and Your thoughts, as I begin my day grounded in Your truth and trusting in Your love.  ...
 
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.... Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up" (James 4:8-10 NKJV).
 
How do I draw near to You, God?  ...
 
It seems I hear You saying in my heart, "You draw near to Me by welcoming Me to draw near to you. I am with you always. And at the same time, I always want to be invited and welcomed to be with you. Be deliberately intentional in seeking Me, as you focus your thoughts upon Me and open your heart up to Me. My love and My presence comes pouring into your life in a way that you know that I am here with you."   ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your Word says, "You will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord" (Jeremiah 29:12-14).  And your Word says, "Abide in Me, and I in you.... As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love" (John 15:4-9).
 
How do I humble myself in Your sight?  ...
 
It seems I hear You saying, "To humble yourself before Me is to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon Me alone."  ...
 
Yes, Lord. Your Word says, "'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the Lord of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6). And Your Word says, "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:4-5). "(Your) grace is sufficient for (me), for (Your) strength is made perfect in (my) weakness;" and in this sense, "When I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).
 
So by the power of the grace of God at work within me, I deliberately, intentionally seek You; and I willing choose to be desperately dependent upon You. I seek to welcome You and embrace You, here in my heart, in every moment of my day, and every area of my life. And I thank You that You are always drawing near to me, that You are always here with me, that You are always here within me, as I abide in You and You abide in me (Matthew 28:20). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

I pray you will experience the abiding presence of the Lord, as you draw near to Him and He draws near to you, in Jesus' name. As you humble yourself in His sight, He promises to lift you up. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend! 

    Jesus holding lamb  

Friends, please spread the word and come join us for our Level 1 Rapha God Ministries School of Ministry teaching the Biblical Foundations and Spiritual Principles of Healing and Freedom through Prayer, beginning September 13th in San Antonio, being hosted at the Oak Hills Church North Central Campus by the Airport. Call us at 210-233-1072 or email us at info@RaphaGodMinsistries.com to register.  DVDs are Available from our past schools. God bless you!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!