Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Build on the Rock Before the Storm - October 28, 2020

Morning by Morning, October 28 - Build on the Rock Before the Storm

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good Shepherd of my soul, lead me step by step along the journey of my day. ...
 
"'Everyone then who hears these words of Mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on rock. And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell -- and great was its fall!' Now when Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were astounded at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as their scribes" (Matthew 7:24-29).
 
Lord, give me discernment to hear Your words and wisdom to act on them in faith. Give me humility to embrace Your authority and courage to stand firm and follow through in trusting obedience.
 
It's wisdom to build my house before the storm. And it's wisdom to build my house on rock. What is the "rock"? ...
 
As I wait and listen, it seems I hear in my heart: "Your relationship with Me is your rock. You build your relationship with Me when you seek Me in prayer, when you honor Me in worship, when you obey Me in faith." ...
 
Yes, Lord. And what is the "sand"? ...
 
I believe You're saying in my heart: "The sand is depending on your own strength, your own wisdom, your own ways apart from My ways. It may seem fine at first, but it will not withstand the storms. Only what's built on the rock can withstand the storms. And there will always be storms -- some more severe than others. But you can withstand any storm as you hold fast to your relationship with Me. Those who are wise will build thier relationship with Me before the storms. Those who are foolish will not. And they will not withstand the storms."
 
Yes, Lord. Draw me near. Hold me close. Help me hear. Teach me to learn to discern Your voice and trust Your ways. When I look back and see all the storms we've weathered together, I know I'd be foolish to waste a day of not seeking to draw closer in relationship with You.
 
You draw near to those who seek to draw near to You (John 15:4; James 4:8). By the power of Your grace, may I draw nearer to You every day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you draw nearer to Jesus, steadily building your relationship with Him every day, that you may withstand every storm that comes your way, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Free to Be Like Jesus!
Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance 
 


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!