Friday, October 09, 2020

You Open My Eyes and Lift My Spirit to Overcome in Christ - October 9, 2020

 Morning by Morning, October 9 - You Open My Eyes and Lift My Spirit to Overcome in Christ

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I sing Your name over all, and surrender my all to You. ...
 
"(The king of Aram) said, 'Go and find where (Elisha) is; I will send and seize him.' He was told, 'He is in Dothan.' So he sent horses and chariots there and a great army; they came by night, and surrounded the city. When the attendant of the man of God rose early in the morning and went out, an army of horse and chariots was all around the city. His servant said, 'Alas, master! What shall we do?' He replied, 'Do not be afraid, for there are more with us than there are with them.' Then Elisha prayed: 'O Lord, please open his eyes that he may see.' So the Lord opened the eyes of the servant, and he saw; the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha!" (2 Kings 6:13-17).
 
In the morning, when I rise, no doubt there are great armies of horses and chariots, armed with weapons of worry and fear, confusion and chaos, hopelessness and despair, ready to come riding down on my mind and my spirit to overwhelm and overcome me, battling to take my thoughts captive. They want to present themselves as big and mighty, too much to overcome and no chance to stand against them, projecting themselves to be much bigger and much stronger than they are. They want to demand my attention, the priority of my thoughts, in the very first moments of my morning to plunder the treasure of my time with You.
 
But my Master, You open my eyes to see! You lift my eyes to the hills where my help comes from! You open my spirit to perceive the truth I'm not alone, I'm not overwhelmed, I'm not overcome. You draw my heart into the intimacy of Your strong embrace and security of Your steadfast love. And You remind me "The One who is in (me) is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4).
 
As I look to You and give You the priority of my day, the first thoughts of my morning, as my first act of worship in prayer and praise, my spiritual enemies don't look so big and mighty. In the light of Your truth and the Presence of Your Spirit, they go scampering away at the sound of my praise and the authority of my prayers in the power of Your name. "Let God arise; let His enemies be scattered; let those who hate Him flee before Him!" (Psalm 68:1)
 
Thank You, my Master, my Lord and Savior, for opening the eyes of my heart to see You, to know You, to experience Your Presence right here with me to overpower my enemies and overcome my adversary (Ephesians 1:15-21). Great are You, Lord! Mighty is Your name!
 
Thank You for Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for Your holy angel armies. Thank You that in You there are always many more with me than those against me! For nothing can stand against You and Your great name! (Philippians 2:9-11) And with You standing for me, nothing can stand against me, for I am always an overcomer and more than a conqueror in You! (Romans 8:31-39) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, may you be encouraged and empowered to overcome your spiritual enemies, as you look up to the Lord with eyes of your spirit and the surrender of your heart to Him, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Save the Date! Come join us if you are in the Lexington, Kentucky area the weekend of October 23-24th where I'll be preaching our Setting Hearts Free conference at Ignite Church in Nicholasville just west of Lexington. All are welcome! 

Free to Be Like Jesus!
Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance 
 


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!