Tuesday, October 06, 2020

"I Humbled My Soul" - October 6, 2020

 Morning by Morning, October 6 - "I Humbled My Soul"

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my heart to You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- as You align my life in You -- first the spirit, the soul, then the body. ...
 
"I humbled my soul with fasting" (Psalm 35:13 and 69:10).
 
Fasting is a spiritual means of humbling our souls. It's a way of yielding our will to Your will, getting ourselves out of the way to make room for more of Your ways. It's not so much of what we do as much as it is the attitude with which we do it.
 
With fasting, with prayer, with worship, with the spiritual disciplines You offer us, You invite us to humble our souls, to surrender our wills, to yield our lives to You as our priority. We exalt You as first place, in the place You alone deserve as Lord of our lives.
 
To humble myself is to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. To humble my soul is pull down the idols of my self-will apart from Your will, to smash the unholy altars of the worship of myself, and to crush the graven images of demanding my life to be shaped in my image instead of being transformed into Your image.
 
To humble myself before You, to lift up my heart and adore You, is a conscience, deliberate decision of my own free will to trust in You and to trust Your will is better than my will and Your ways are better than my ways. Humbling my soul pulls back the veil that would divide my heart from intimacy with Your Heart, so that I'm drawn near into the deeply personal relationship of trust and love You desire with me and every one of us. Humbling my soul allows You to change me into Your image as I behold You with an unveiled face, a yielded heart, and a surrendered will:
 
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18).
 
Come, Holy Spirit -- Spirit of the Lord, my God. Give me the grace to follow Your leading to humble my soul, to surrender myself, to look up and behold the glory of the Lord -- heart to Heart, spirit to Spirit, deep to Deep, from glory to glory. Not just now, in this place of focused prayer at the beginning of my day, but also throughout the moments of my day -- especially those moments of my day when my soul wants to rise up and my flesh wants to rule and my will wants to insist on my own way instead of Your way. 
 
Those are the moments I need You the most. Those are the moments when You simply invite me to humble myself and willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. Those are the moments I need You to "sanctify" me, to realign me, to reset things right within me in my "spirit and soul and body" (1 Thessalonians 5:23). You'll be faithful and You will do it, if I only choose to yield my will to Your will (1 Thessalonians 5:24).
 
And every time, as I humble myself in Your sight, You will lift me up (James 4:10). Every time, as I humble myself before You, You will draw near to me with all the grace I need (James 4:6). It's all part of how You're growing me up "to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ" (Ephesians 4:13), making me more like You every day (Romans 8:29; 1 John 4:17). Come have Your way, in me today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be drawn near to the Lord in deeper intimacy and transformation into His image, as you willing choose to humble your soul before Him now and throughout the moments of your day, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
 
Healing Academy in Fredericksburg at the Bridge Church. Please keep us in prayer as Rocio and I travel to Fredericksburg today to continue our weekly teaching for the prayer team, full of Holy Spirit encounters! Praying the same for you! The Healing Academy teaching is based on my Book Free to Be Like Jesus -- Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance.

My friend, let me know if your church or group would like to discuss arranging an Intensive Version of our Healing Academy in Your community. Just reply to this email.

This Wednesday Night, October 7th at 7PM, I'm excited to be preaching a word at "The Glory Tent" set up for citywide revival meetings outside The King's Mission Fellowship on the Southside of San Antonio. My wife Rocio will be interpreting our message in Spanish. Come join us if you and pray for us if you can't! 

610 Moursund Blvd; San Antonio, TX


Free to Be Like Jesus!
Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance 
 


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!