Thursday, October 08, 2020

"Prepare the Way of the Lord!" - October 8, 2020

 Morning by Morning, October 8 - "Prepare the Way of the Lord!"

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Fill my heart with Your Spirit and my mouth with Your words, as I seek to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...

"Comfort, O comfort My people,
    says your God.
Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,
    and cry to her
that she has served her term,
    that her penalty is paid,
that she has received from the Lord's hand
    double for all her sins.
A voice cries out:
'In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord,
    make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Every valley shall be lifted up,
    and every mountain and hill be made low;
the uneven ground shall become level,
    and the rough places a plain.
Then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed,
    and all people shall see it together,
    for the mouth of the Lord has spoken'" (Isaiah 40:1-5).
 
Last night I was preaching at an old-fashioned tent revival under "the Glory Tent" on the southside of San Antonio, with my wife Rocio interpreting in Spanish. What a picture that "the church has left the building!" All the neighborhood and all the cars passing by heard the worship of our King and the Word of the Lord -- in English and Spanish and even a little bit in tongues!
 
Somewhere in the middle of my message, the Lord turned my attention to Pastor Rune Brannstrom, who is an apostolic spiritual leader in our city, called here with his wife Pastor Berta from Sweden 21 years ago. Through many confirming prophetic words, they were certain the Lord was calling them to leave their international ministry and Bible College powerfully impacting eastern Europe and encouraging the underground church in communist countries to come here to San Antonio for the revival the Lord was bringing to this land. 
 
They were certain they were not called just to America in general, not just to Texas in general, but to San Antonio specifically. That vision still burns in their hearts and in the hearts of so many -- for San Antonio and for every place across this land where the Holy Spirit is stirring up the spirits of God's people to cry out for revival and awakening and the great harvest of our age. And revival is here! Already here in the spiritual realm and now beginning to breakthrough and manifest on earth as it is in heaven, here in the earthly realm as it already is in the heavenly realm!
 
As I began to speak of how the Holy Spirit has used apostle Rune to "prepare the way of the Lord" for these 21 years -- lifting up the low places in people's hearts, bringing down the spiritual high places of the false idols, false altars, and false worship seeking to take the place of God in the heavenly realms over our city, and making the crooked places straight for the paths of righteousness in the hearts of God's people --  I stepped into a little hole, a little depression, under the carpet in front of the pulpit. Immediately the image of a well came to mind with the eyes of my spirit.
 
I believe the Lord was saying, "This hole is a well. It's a hole in the earthly realm, but it is a well in the spiritual realm -- a well of salvation, a well of healing waters, a well of Living Waters, a well of revival! Spring up, O well!"  Through the persevering prayers of God's people, the Holy Spirit has prepared the way of the Lord! And the Lord will comfort His people. He will save His people. He will refresh and revive and renew His people. He will reveal His glory and all the people shall see it! Here and everywhere God's people who are called by His name are "preparing the way of the Lord" in their hearts and in their land for the coming of our King in His glory!
 
O, Lord, don't leave me out! Keep filling me up and flowing out! Lift up the low places in me, bring down the exalted places in me, set the crooked places straight in me -- in me and in all who are desperately calling on Your name and passionately crying out in praise to "prepare the way of the Lord" in our hearts and across our land, now in our days! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be filled with the Holy Spirit, who is preparing the way of the Lord in you and in your land for the coming of the King in His glory, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Save the Date! Come join us if you are in the Lexington, Kentucky area the weekend of October 23-24th where I'll be preaching our Setting Hearts Free conference at Ignite Church in Nicholasville just west of Lexington. All are welcome!

Free to Be Like Jesus!
Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance 
 


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!