Monday, October 26, 2020

"Rest Secure" in God - October 26, 2020

 Morning by Morning, October 26 - "Rest Secure" in God

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit. ...
 
"I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I keep the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; my body also rests secure. For You do not give me up to Sheol, or let your faithful one see the Pit. You show me the path of life. In Your presence there is fullness of joy; in Your right hand are pleasures forevermore" (Psalm 16:7-11).
 
You invite me to rest secure in You. You invite me to trust You -- to trust that You are with me, that You uphold me, that You instruct me and counsel me, that You protect and defend me, that You speak up and stand up for me, that You'll never leave me nor forsake me. And when I do, no matter what I go through, You make my heart glad, You make my soul rejoice, and You fill me with the fullness of joy.
 
So why would I ever want to lean on my own understanding? Why would I ever try to handle my struggles in my own wisdom or try to fight my battles in my own strength? (Proverbs 3:5-6) The truth is "Apart from (You), I can do nothing" (John 15:5). But "blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made their Lord their hope and confidence" (Jeremiah 17:7 NLT). "Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31 NLT).
 
Some may trust in horses; some may trust in chariots -- trusting in the strength and wisdom of ourselves -- but I will trust in the name of my God (Psalm 20:7). I will trust in the One in whom I can "rest secure." By the power of Your grace, help me trust in You and rest secure in You today. As I do, no matter what I go through, I know You will keep me "in perfect peace," with my heart and mind fixed on You (Isaiah 26:3). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend,  may you rest secure in the Lord our God, fully trusting him Him alone for all you need and all He desires, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
   

Ministry in Kentucky This Past Weekend at Ignite Church. Thank you so much for your prayers for us in the Lexington, Kentucky Area (Nicholasville) this past weekend. It was wonderful to be with old friends in the deep presence and powerful joy of the Lord, here in this area where Messiah Ministries began over 22 years ago! We'll be coming back to this area The Weeknd of March 15-16, 2021, if not before! I pray the same presence and joy of the Lord for you!

Free to Be Like Jesus!
Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance 
 


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!