Sunday, September 02, 2007

"Anchor of the Soul" 9-2-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I direct my thoughts to You alone in these first moments of my morning. ... "We have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul ..." (Hebrews 6:19-20). My hope is in You, Lord -- not in a hope to have an easy life; not in a hope that nothing bad will ever happen in a broken, fallen world; not in a hope in my own power or strength or wisdom to handle the hardships that come. My hope is in You -- in Your nature that You are love and You love me; in Your promise that You are always with me through whatever comes, never leaving me and never forsaking me; in Your ways to work everything together for good if I will entrust everything to You. Not everything that happens is Your will, but You will use everything that happens to draw me closer to You and make me more like You. You are a sure and steadfast anchor to my soul. You keep me steady when sea billows roll. You give me freedom to express my pain and even my disappointment in my sense of Your failing of promises to me at times, but You do not let Your anchor slip. No matter how high the seas may rage, the anchor of Your presence and the certain hope of Your power to bring me through will not fail. Trusting in You alone as my refuge and strength, I am free "to seize the hope set before (me)" (v. 6:18). " 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in Him' " (Lamentations 3:24). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com