Monday, September 17, 2007

Worries and Wonders 9-17-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I center my thoughts and open my heart to seek You. ... "So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today" (Matthew 6:34). You are my Wisdom and my Strength. Help me entrust each day into Your care, along with all the challenges and troubles that become opportunities to trust You. That's how You cause my faith to grow -- as I keep finding You faithful to be with me through the worries and wonders of each day. As I keep entrusting my troubles, You keep working Your wonders, and my "faith is growing abundantly" (2 Thessalonians 1:3-4). Last week was a hard week. I had just returned from the funeral of the parents of a close friend only to get word of my grandmother's heart attack. So we left to be by her side, while entrusting my ministry engagements to others. You moved in power and peace in both places -- the power of Your love and the peace of Your presence. After a week at her side, I came back to minister this weekend, to proclaim Your kingdom and see You come in power to heal heart and changes lives, while our family and friends sought Your kingdom and power for my grandmother. This week will be another hard week as I go back to her side to see her healed on earth or in heaven in the power of Your kingdom. I'll have to make choices of where to be each day and when to entrust my engagements to others. But even in this, You keep reminding me, it's always about You and Your presence and Your power. My troubles become Your troubles as I entrust them all to You. And in Your hands, they are no trouble at all. Thank You for the peace that brings for tomorrow and for today. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for all your prayers. My grandmother -- "Nanny" -- is under hospice care and the Lord's care, strong in her faith and relying completely on His grace, as are we. I'll be seeking the Lord's leading for where I am to be each day this coming week between Kentucky, Texas, and Tennessee -- but no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I want to be in His will and remember it's all about Him. I pray that for you and for me. God bless you! Come to The Fountain! on the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com