Monday, September 03, 2007

Treasures in Heaven 9-3-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and ask for Your grace to live my life well today. ... "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a town and spend a year there, doing business and making money.' Yet you do not even know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wishes, we will live and do this or that' " (James 4:13-15). Death and tragedy have a way of making me stop and think. What is important? What am I doing with my life? Am I living the fullness of my destiny? If I looked back on my life from the perspective of heaven, would I like what I see? In that moment, when You wipe away every tear, will they be tears of joy of what You did through my life or tears of sadness of what You wanted to do but couldn't do through my life (Revelation 21:4)? These short days of flesh and blood on earth are but a mist in the perspective of all eternity. But every day counts, every relationship matters, every choice has consequences. And it could all end tomorrow. For some, it will. So I choose to trust You -- to trust that You know best, that You know the desires You've placed in my heart and the purposes You've planned for my life. I choose to look to You each day, asking You to put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. I want to be found faithful, having stored up "treasures in heaven" instead of earth (Matthew 6:19-21). Then my life will have eternal meaning. I may not always know it now, but I trust You that one day I will. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com