Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fully Alive 9-29-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me in to the arms of my Father. My Father God, fill me fully with the peace and presence of Your Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit of the Living God, lift my eyes and open my heart to Jesus, my Lord and Savior, my Best Friend and King. Lord God, I worship You and need You in every dimension of Your Being. ... "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in Me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?' " (John 11:25-26) On the morning of the day Nanny died, my little five year old boy Elijah said to me, "Daddy, I'm praying for Nanny to die today." I was a little stunned to hear him say so plainly what Nanny was praying too. She was ready to go home to heaven, but were we? He had been praying so hard for her healing and life; and her prayer had been for complete healing -- whether on this side of heaven or the other. Then he said with the peace and confidence of the pure, child-like faith of one who sees the kingdom of God, "But I think even if she dies, she will live forever." I told him, "Son, the Holy Spirit showed you that. That's just what Jesus said. If we trust in Him, even though we die, we will live forever. And Nanny trusts in Him with all her heart." Today, we will lay Nanny's earthly body to rest in the little plot of land out by the cotton field on the edge of town. But her spirit is soaring in heaven. Even though she died, now she is fully alive. She is experiencing eternally the glory of her healing in the resurrection. "So it is with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body" (1 Corinthians 15:42-44). Nanny's spiritual body now shines eternally in the light of Your glory forever. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for honoring my grandmother, Edna Marie Hays (February 19, 1919 to September 25, 2007), by your prayers with me in this journey of faith. I pray for the peace of the presence of the Lord with you and your loved ones in your journey. God bless you. To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com