Sunday, September 09, 2007

Have Thine Own Way 9-9-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I seek Your face and I need Your grace. Help me walk faithfully with You this day. ... "And now, Lord, look at their threats, and grant to Your servants to speak Your word with all boldness, while You stretch out Your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of Your holy servant Jesus" (Acts 4:29-30). Lord, Your Word says that we don't really know in our own wisdom and understanding even how to pray (Romans 8:26). So You move in our lack of wisdom to seek Your wisdom and You move us out of our will to seek Your will. As we do, You promise that Your Holy Spirit will move on our human spirits to pray and interceded according to Your will (v. 8:27). I know my grandmother is a woman of prayer and faith, and in a day where her doctors continued to be unoptimistic but the condition of her body seemed to be stable, I wanted to know the condition of her soul. I wanted to know how Your Holy Spirit was moving on her human spirit to pray in accordance with Your will. So I just asked her, "Nanny, how do you want us to pray for you?" She said, "Honey, if I can get well, I want to. And if I can't, well maybe the Lord's calling me home." Then she said to You out loud, "Dear Lord, not my will but Yours. Have Thine Own way." Lord, that is my prayer in agreement with my grandmother, whom You love so much and have used so much to touch the lives of so many others. We completely entrust her spirit and soul and body to Your will, and unless or until You take away her desire to get well, I pray for You to stretch out Your hand and heal her heart, soul, mind, and strength. I pray for Your signs and wonders in the name of Jesus, speaking words of life and healing with boldness to the cells and organs and systems of her body. As we have said in trusting surrender to You, we don't want to hold her back from heaven a single moment, and we don't want to hold heaven back from her if You would choose to display Your power in this way. But we do not listen to the threats of the enemy of her soul. And the spirit of death, defeated by the victory of the cross, will have no say in the moment of her passing -- whether today or ten years from today or if she is among those who will never die but see You come in glory. "We will not all die, but we will all be changed" (1 Corinthians 15:51). Even as we pray, not matter whether our prayers will be answered by Nanny getting well here on earth or there in heaven, we are being changed as we turn to You as our Strength and our Savior, our Comforter and Healer. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com