Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Genuine Faith 9-11-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Renew my mind as You give me Your thoughts; transform my heart as You give me Your desires. I want to be grounded in Your Word and filled with Your Spirit as I think and feel and choose today. ... "In this you rejoice, even if now for a little while you have had to suffer various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith -- being more precious than gold that, though perishable, is tested by fire -- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed" (1 Peter 1:6-7). Through every trial of every day, our faith is tested. And at the end of the day, we should be willing to look back and ask, "Was Jesus Christ revealed through me today? Did the things I thought, the desires I had, the choices I made result in praise and glory and honor to Your name through my life today? The genuineness of my faith was tested by fire in every encounter I had -- was it consumed as wood, hay, and stubble or did it shine like gold?" In honesty I have to admit I don't always pass the tests as I suffer the trials. Too many times, it's my flesh instead of Your glory that is revealed. Someone has said though, that you never really fail God's tests because He gives you the grace to take it again until you pass it. Thank You for the gift of grace and the opportunity of repentance to bring the choices of yesterday under Your blood and begin today with a clean slate and a fresh start. This new day, I seek Your face and receive Your grace to walk in faith through the trials that come. Let my faith be found to be genuine, because I am found genuinely trusting in You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com