Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sacred Moment 9-26-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As the old song says, " 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus. ... "I'm so glad I've learned to trust Him, Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend; And I know that He is with me, Will be with me to the end." ... "But, as it is written, 'What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love Him" (1 Corinthians 2:9). I was standing by her side, stroking her white hair, when I noticed there was now almost an eternity between Nanny's last breathes. As I sat back and held her hand, I saw her eyelids slightly squeeze tight and the corners of her mouth slightly rise in just a fleeting moment. And her spirit was gone. Her mortal body put on immortality (v. 15:53). Oh, to have seen what she saw in that fleeting moment! One day I will. But she sees You now face to face. Her faith has become sight, and she has received all that You have prepared for this woman of faith who love You so. Until I reach that place in the journey where she has finally reached, my eyes can't see it, my ears can't hear it, my heart can't conceive it -- but hers' can and will, for all eternity. Thank You for letting me have just a glimpse in this sacred moment. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, thank you for walking with me in prayer through this part of my journey. Nanny (my grandmother, Edna Marie Hays) and I have always been very close, so I am very happy and very sad all at once. Please keep our family in friends in your prayers. We will likely have her a time to celebrate her life and resurrection into glory on Saturday morning, September 29, 2007 at her home church of First Baptist Church of Lamesa, Texas. Though I've had hardly any chance to respond, thank you for all your love, thoughts, notes, and prayers. God bless you and thank you for joining me in the journey! To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com