Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'll Fly Away 9-27-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me beside Your still waters, through the valley of the shadow of death, and into the green pastures of Your peace as I trust and rest in You each day. ... "The days of our life are seventy years, or perhaps eighty, if we are strong; even then their spin is only toil and trouble; they are soon gone and we fly away" (Psalm 90:10). Everywhere I go in this little west Texas town, people say about Nanny, "We're sure gonna miss her." She had that rare quality of being able to touch people in all walks of life. Though she didn't get to finish high school, she had her own drapery business as a seamstress. She ran a saw mill with my grandfather in east Texas and then farmed cotton and cut grain and raised chickens with him in west Texas. In her later years she handed out samples of food in the grocery store, led a noon prayer group at the senior's center, and grew the prettiest flowers in town. After she moved into town a few years ago into the senior's center where her little apartment was, everybody said Danny was the manager, but she was the boss. She had a sharp wit and made everybody laugh because she loved life. But in these past couple of weeks, she grew weary of this world and longed for the world to come. And though we're all gonna miss her in ways we only feel in waves of emotions now, she's loving life in a way we can only imagine right now. She was ready to fly away. In those last hours of singing the old songs at her bedside, one that made me smile with joy for her and cry with sadness for me at the same time was "I'll Fly Away." Thankfully, I had Alan Jackson to sing along with me on CD when I couldn't sing because of one of those waves of emotions that have helped me keep releasing this all to You as we go over these mountains and through these valleys of both sadness and joy: "... Just a few more weary days and then I'll fly away; To a land where joys will never end, I'll fly away. I'll fly away oh glory I'll fly away When I die hallelujah by and by I'll fly away" Fly away, Nanny, into the arms of Your Savior. Your spirit is now in that land where joys will never end -- where there are no more tears (Revelation 21:4) and where there is only everlasting joy and gladness because all the sorrow and sighing of the weary days of this world have fled away from you forever (Isaiah 35:10). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord ... Ministering the Healing Love of God " 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 http://www.messiah-ministries.org/ Daily Archives: http://www.morningbymorning.injesus.com/