Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Into Your Hands" 9-19-07

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I want to choose well and live right in all I do today, so I yield my life and my will to Yours' as best as I can and all by Your grace. ... "Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God" (Psalm 31:5). Nanny called to say, "Honey, could you come back?" So here I am in this same little hospital where I was born forty-six years ago in this same little town on the plains of west Texas. I was coming into this world then, but my eighty-eight year old grandmother is leaving this world now. As soon as I walked in the door, she took me by one hand and my brother by the other and prayed for You to take her home. She's a woman of faith and prayer, and she seemed a little surprised to still be looking at us instead of You when she opened her eyes. Her heart is ready, but I'm not sure her body has caught up with the idea just yet. Her healing of the resurrection my come more in the process than the instantaneous miracle, but we all know You and trust You to lead her home in Your perfect timing and Your perfect way. We thank You for rebuking pain, fear, and death from having any say in the timing and means of her passing from this world to the next, from glory to glory. "So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:16-18). So we willingly submit our will to Yours' and join our prayer to hers'. We commit and commend her spirit and soul and body into Your hands, Almighty Father God, Creator of Heaven and Earth, Redeemer, Lord, and Savior of my Nanny's soul. As she has prayed with courage and faith throughout this journey, "Have Thine Own way, Lord. Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven." May she soon experience the fullness of the eternal weight of glory You have prepared for her. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Dear Friends, I would appreciate your agreement with this prayer, as Nanny passes in peace into the arms of her Lord to behold Him beyond the veil of this earthly realm face to face. This is her desire, so this is mine. God bless and thank you for standing with our family in prayer and I stand in agreement for the fullness of God's blessings for yours. Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night -- the 3rd Friday night of every month for our ministry's gathering of the body of Christ from every tradition and stream to worship the Lord in Sprit and in Truth. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters in the freedom of the Spirit. 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary. All are welcome. Sandra White of Bethlehem Farm Ministries will be leading in prayer and healing prayer ministry. Call for details: 859-422-1794 Come to The Mountain! on Monday Nights for our ministry's weekly prayer for the peace of Jerusalem led by Doris and Bob McCray. 7 pm in the upstairs Community Room at First Southern National Bank on Harrodsburg Rd. in Lexington. All are welcome. Call for details: 859-422-1794 To subscribe/unsubscribe, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries -- MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Ministering the Healing Love of God ... Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, KY 40502 www.messiah-ministries.org Daily Archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com