Monday, September 05, 2022

My Father, My Wisdom, My Word - September 5, 2022

 

Morning by Morning, September 5 - My Father, My Wisdom, My Word

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to my spirit, I pray, as You take me by the hand and lead me by the heart into all You have for me today -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. ...

 

“Let your heart hold fast my words;

    keep my commandments and live.

Get wisdom; get insight: do not forget nor turn away

    from the words of my mouth” (Proverbs 4:4-5).

 

You are my Father, and I am Your son.

 

You are my Wisdom, and I am Your student.

 

You are my Word, and I am Your page.

 

Write on my heart Your words and speak into my heart Your will. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. “Lead me in the way everlasting” today (Psalm 139:24).

 

Help me see what You’re doing and hear what You’re saying, so I can follow where You’re leading (John 5:19). Help me come to the place in my heart and life where I begin my today truthfully asking -- not “What will I do today?” -- but instead, “What will. You have me to do today?” ...

 

Even as I ponder the question, I’m realizing how hard that is to have that perspective and to have that desire. There’s still too much of me that wants to do what I want to do, that thinks about all the things I think I need to do. Or that even just want to do nothing. (Sometimes that’s even exactly what You want me to do, when it’s resting in the Lord instead of just being lazy in my flesh).

 

So keep crucifying my flesh (Galatians 2:20). Keep purifying my heart (Psalm 22:4). This is the wisdom I want to “get” (Proverbs 4:5). This is the way I want to “live” (Proverbs 4:4). I’m not there yet, but I want to get there; I want to live there -- all in Your way, all by Your grace:

 

“For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him” (Philippians 2:13 NLT).

 

You have to give me both “the desire” and “the power.” That’s never going to come from my own desires apart from Yours. That’s never going to come from my own power apart from Yours. That’s never going to come from my flesh, but only by Your Spirit. “Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of hosts” (Zechariah 4:6).

 

Apart from You, I can do nothing -- nothing that really matters with the moments of my day or the days of my life (John 15:5). But I thank You that by Your grace, I’m never apart from You. You’re with me “always” (Matthew 28:20) as my Father, my Wisdom, and my Word, and as Everything I need to “hold fast (to Your) words” and “live” (Proverbs 4:4). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you be moved by the Holy Spirit with both the desire and power to do what pleases God -- your Father, your Wisdom, and your Word, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries


Messiah Ministries Mailing Address:

412 S. Adams Street #148

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:

https://Messiah-Ministries.org

Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


Sign Up Today for September 10th!

Celebration Fundraiser for Messiah Ministries

Dinner and Auction Hosted in Fredericksburg, Texas

at The Venue at Rafter E Ranch


Exciting Auction Items Donated

(John Bennett Sculpture, Hunting Lodge Stay, Fine Jewelry, Weekend Vineyard Getaway, Handmade Quilt, Spa Package and much more!)

Christian Comedian Barry Moffitt

Testimonies of God's Glory!


Get Your Ticket Today

on our Eventbrite Page:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/messiah-ministries-celebration-fundraiser-tickets-393211254447


Sponsor a Table or Get Information:

events@messiah-ministries.org


We know all our friends are not able to join us,

but please prayerfully consider joining us with your prayers and regular support:

Partner in Ministry with Us!

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute


September 1-3

Teaching our Level 1 Weekend Intensive School of Ministry, in Lampasas, Texas for interdenominational, city-wide teams of healing and deliverance prayer ministry.

Based on the principles of my books:

Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance and

First the Spirit — Right Alignment of Spirit, Soul, and Body

https://www.amazon.com/Tommy-Hays/e/B002BMDCXM


September 10

Celebration Fundraiser for Messiah Ministries!

Hosted in Fredericksburg, Texas at The Venue at Rafter E Ranch.

Please click the Links Above for a Ticket and Information.

Click Here to RSVP Today!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/messiah-ministries-celebration-fundraiser-tickets-393211254447


September 11

Starting a 6 Weeks Equipping Series at Bridge Church same time as the 9:00 Service as part of the discipleship plan at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas.

6 Week Survey Freedom Equipping Course: Based on my Book Free to Be Like Jesus. All are Welcome.


September 13

Starting a 9 Month Weekly Freedom Equipping Course: Based on my Book Free to Be Like Jesus at Bridge on Tuesday Nights at 6:00 at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg. All are welcome.


September 29-October 3

Our Next Ministry Trip to Mexico. Freedom Encounter Weekend for Equipping and Healing in Uruapan, Mexico with Pastor Salomon.


October

Revival at the Barn Being Rescheduled for Spring


October 21-23

Mens' Retreat in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri, where I'll be teaching and equipping on Freedom Prayer Ministry.


November 17-19

Teaching our Level 2 Weekend Intensive School of Ministry in Lampasas, Texas


Wednesday Mornings

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Inner Healing and Deliverance Ministry Sessions for the Online Connect Groups from around the world.


Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org


Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.


https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute

Free On-line Video Series
Setting Hearts Free!
My Core Teaching and Ministry
Order these Spiritual Books by Tommy Hays Today!