Monday, March 20, 2006

"Go Out to War" 3-20-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I prepare my heart for You, as I welcome You to come and prepare me for the battles and adventures of the day. ... "When you go out to war against your enemies, and see horses and chariots, an army larger than your own, you shall not be afraid of them; for the Lord your God is with you, who brought you up from the land of Egypt. Before you engage in the battle, the priest shall come forward and speak to the troops, and say to them: 'Hear, O Israel! Today you are drawing near to do battle against your enemies. Do not lose heart, or be afraid, or panic, or be in dread of them; for it is the Lord your God who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to give you victory!' " (Deuteronomy 20:1-4). The wars and battles in the natural realm of the Old Testament speak to us of the wars and battles in the spiritual realm of the New Testament. Our true enemies are not flesh and blood, but the spiritual forces of wickedness of "this present darkness," who often deceive and confuse those of flesh and blood to be the instruments of wickedness and destruction through their words and actions in our lives (Ephesians 6:12). Every day is a new battle. And in this broken and fallen world cloaked under cover of darkness and deception by "the ruler of this world," we are called to "go out to war" (John 12:31, 14:30, and 16:11). As we do, Your light overcomes the darkness by every choice we make to walk in the truth of Your light rather than bowing to the deception of the darkness. You give us the victory as we enforce the victory of Your cross in the power of Your Spirit. "Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself" (John 12:31). Sometimes it seems like I am outnumbered and overwhelmed, but I do not fight alone. In fact, I cannot fight alone. Apart from you I would already be defeated. But You are the Priest who stands before me to encourage me and fill me with courage and faith for the battle. You are the Warrior who rises within in me to give me Your heart and to give me Your victory. I need not fear, for You are with me, and by Your Holy Spirit, You are within me. You do not stand back in the safety of Heaven and send me "out to war", You arise in my heart to go out to war through me along with all those who welcome You into their hearts to give us heart for the battles we face on earth. The moment I take we stand in You and allow You to take Your stand in us, our enemy is defeated and the victory is won. "The Lord does not save by sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord's!" (1 Samuel 17:46) In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com