Friday, March 10, 2006

Grow in Grace 3-10-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call You "Lord" because I willingly choose to submit to Your Lordship in every area of my life, as best as I can and all by Your grace. You and my Father are One, and I welcome You to come take charge of my life and fill me afresh with Your life again today. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as I submit my will to Your will and my ways to Your ways. I know it is the process of a lifetime, and I thank You for Your patience and Your grace for me in the process. ... "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity" (2 Peter 3:18). Lord, I grow in Your grace as I grow in Your knowledge -- not knowledge about Jesus, but the knowledge of Jesus. You give grace to the humble but resist the proud (1 Peter 5:5). But as long as I am willing to be teachable and willing to yield my thoughts to Your thoughts and my ways to Your ways, You pour out Your grace upon me to learn and to change. In patience and in love, You are making me more like You each day and I am being "conformed to the image" of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). I have so far to go, but eternity is a long time. In the beginning of the process, my thoughts are not Your thoughts and my ways are not Your ways (Isaiah 55:8). But that's only the beginning. As You impart Your grace and Your knowledge to me, You are transforming me by the renewing of my mind (Romans 12:2). It is Your will that I "have the mind of Christ" -- that Your thoughts become my thoughts and Your ways become my ways. From now until the day of eternity, keep changing my mind and my heart. As the worship song says, "Take my mind, transform it. Take my heart, and form it. Take my will, conform it -- to Yours, to Yours, O Lord. Holiness, Holiness -- is what You want from me." That's what I want from You, because You have put that desire in my mind and my heart by Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com