Monday, March 06, 2006

Spiritual Leadership 3-6-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. No one comes to the Father, but through You. And no one comes to You unless the Spirit draws them. Holy Spirit, I thank You for drawing me to Jesus. Lord Jesus, I thank You for perfectly revealing to me my Father. Heavenly Father, I thank You for welcoming me into the embrace of Your arms as Your son. ... Today I'll travel to Corbin, Kentucky to speak with the pastoral staff of one of Your churches on spiritual leadership. In this main-line denominational church, someone spoke a word of prophecy in tongues and someone else interpreted Your message to the church a few Sundays ago. That apparently doesn't happen every Sunday in their church -- or mine. But maybe it should. You give us guidelines and principles in Your Word of how to embrace the freedom of Your Spirit and the words You speak to us through the spiritual gifts You have given us as the body of Christ on earth (1 Corinthians 12, 13, and 14). "So my friends, be eager to prophecy, and do not forbid the speaking in tongues; but all things should be done decently and in order" (1 Corinthians 14:39-40). Though I have so much left to learn, You have been teaching me how to facilitate the flow and ministry of Your Holy Spirit in our ministry's monthly gatherings for prayer, praise, and healing worship at The Fountain. We gather from many different traditions and streams of the body of Christ to seek Your face and welcome Your presence. Every month is a little different because Your move and mercies are always fresh and new, alive with the life of Your Spirit. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23). Maybe one of the most important principles of spiritual leadership You have taught me is to facilitate the freedom of the Spirit of God moving through one another to encourage and edify us all. It's risky, but it's right. There are mistakes, but there is Your mercy. How can we grow up "to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ" unless we are willing to step out in faith and step in to Your presence through a desperate dependence upon You that we can't completely order and control ourselves? Paul expressed this principle of spiritual leadership this way: "My little children, for whom I am again in the pain of childbirth until Christ is formed in you" (Galatians 4:19). Like childbirth, this kind of spiritual leadership can be risky and painful, but it's worth it. It was worth it to You to endure the pain You did to make the mercy of God and the freedom of the Spirit available to us. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. On the Web: http://messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com