Saturday, March 25, 2006

Obedience, Love, and Joy 3-25-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You, Lord. Help me hear You more clearly and obey You more completely. Open Your Word of truth and life to Me today. ... "I do as the Father has commanded Me, so that the world may know that I love the Father" (John 14:31). "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. I have said these things to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete" (John 15:9-11). There is a relationship between obedience and love and joy. To abide in the love of God requires obedience to the commands of God. You want me to love You enough to trust Your commands, trusting that You know what is best for me and trusting that You call me to obedience to Your will out of the wisdom of Your love. And to the degree that I abide in Your love in trusting surrender and obedience to Your will, Your joy will abide in me and my joy will be complete. As I do, I will hear in my heart, "Well done, good and faithful servant ... enter in to the joy of your Lord" (Matthew 5:21, NKJV). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com